La Patate Restaurant in Phnom Penh, Cambodia FOR SALE: $70,000 (due to illness)

If you are looking for a business to buy in Cambodia, you've come to the right place! This is a section where owners can post their businesses for sale and where others in the community can ask questions about starting a business here. Foreigners can own 100% of a business here in Cambodia, and it's a pretty simple process to buy or sell, whether it's a bar, restaurant, hotel, or anything else. Have questions about what paperwork is needed for your company? Ask away. Curious if the expat bar on Street 136 selling for $100,000 is a good deal? Start a discussion on CEO and we'll let you know what we think.
hanno
Expatriate
Germany

Re: La Patate Restaurant in Phnom Penh, Cambodia FOR SALE: $70,000 (due to illness)

Post by hanno »

Cam Nivag wrote:Granted $600/mo. seems like a pretty good rent, but there's no indication how long the lease is for.
Not when you only have 20 or so chairs.
rozzieoz
Expatriate
Australia

Re: La Patate Restaurant in Phnom Penh, Cambodia FOR SALE: $70,000 (due to illness)

Post by rozzieoz »

Cam Nivag wrote:Businesses in Cambodia are never for sale because they are failing. It's always "health reasons"
Failure is bad for the health ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Once you've read the dictionary, every other book is just a remix.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

bolueeleh wrote:i frequent there often, it used to be right on sisowath street facing the river, then couple of months ago 2 belgian guys took over and it went downhill from there,i manage to track down the original boss to his new place in the smaller streets behind, business had not been the same since.
The "La Patate" on Street 5 is the original one, the one on Sisowath Quay has only been there a couple of years at most.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
bolueeleh
Expatriate

Post by bolueeleh »

John Bingham wrote:
bolueeleh wrote:i frequent there often, it used to be right on sisowath street facing the river, then couple of months ago 2 belgian guys took over and it went downhill from there,i manage to track down the original boss to his new place in the smaller streets behind, business had not been the same since.
The "La Patate" on Street 5 is the original one, the one on Sisowath Quay has only been there a couple of years at most.
ah ok, no wonder i never saw the boss with the moustache and lederhosen in the restaurant on street 5, wonder why they never sue the the la patate on sisowath
Money is not the problem, the problem is no money
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

bolueeleh wrote:
John Bingham wrote:
ah ok, no wonder i never saw the boss with the moustache and lederhosen in the restaurant on street 5, wonder why they never sue the the la patate on sisowath

They were both opened by the same Belgian guy who wears dungarees, I've seen him at both premises.
Cam Nivag
BANNED
Sao Tome & Principe

Post by Cam Nivag »

I note that this place was listed for sale online for $70,000 on January 16, then $30,000 on March 16, then back up to $40,000 on March 29.

It's still for sale, now asking $25,000 as of today. It seems they are claiming to have 4 years and 8 months left on a five year lease signed in March.

Back in January they said the rent was $600 per month, I wonder what it is now. The cynic in me would suggest that the recent efforts to sell the place might be related to a large increase in rent.

restaurant
$25,000
Phnom Penh
Very nice business to seize on Phnom Penh
Restaurant for sale of 150m2.
Located 2 minutes from Riverside, the business is very well held for 10 years
Price: 25 000 $
Contract for 5 years at 01/03/2017
For any information, you can contact me :
Phone : 096 359 3431
([email protected])
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

rozzieoz wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:12 am
Cam Nivag wrote:Businesses in Cambodia are never for sale because they are failing. It's always "health reasons"

If you had ever seen the proprietor you would not doubt that he has health problems.
kiwiincambodia
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by kiwiincambodia »

Isn't there a La Patate on the riverside as well? Are these connected in any way?
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

John Bingham wrote: Mon Jul 03, 2017 7:49 pm
rozzieoz wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:12 am

If you had ever seen the proprietor you would not doubt that he has health problems.

I can agree with that one.

Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

kiwiincambodia wrote: Mon Jul 03, 2017 8:22 pm Isn't there a La Patate on the riverside as well? Are these connected in any way?
It's in the thread.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic