British Expat Stefan AJ Maffei Commits Suicide in Sihanoukville, Cambodia

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
Raybull
Expatriate

Re: Brit Stefan AJ Maffei commits suicide, SHV

Post by Raybull »

Jamie_Lambo wrote:
Raybull wrote:That's 3 Brit suicides, and the sixth foreigner death (of which 4 are brits) in town in ten days. That's messed up! Atleast we haven't had an OD yet, but it's just a matter of time by the looks of some 30ish yo longer term tourists I've seen around this week.
mate ive spent the past 2 nights in, im doing well, got 2 more crazy nights lined up thurs/friday, heading to PP Sunday and going to Saigon for a few nights,
there is an evil in the air ive noticed this year, noticed it my first night back,
messed my head up for a few days, had to give my head a wobble and go meet barang doe sleu for some therapy :plus1:
If ever they announce the closure of the girly bars, then we'll have to put you on suicide watch i reckon. :D whats with the evil in the air shite?
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

Raybull wrote:
Jamie_Lambo wrote:
Raybull wrote:That's 3 Brit suicides, and the sixth foreigner death (of which 4 are brits) in town in ten days. That's messed up! Atleast we haven't had an OD yet, but it's just a matter of time by the looks of some 30ish yo longer term tourists I've seen around this week.
mate ive spent the past 2 nights in, im doing well, got 2 more crazy nights lined up thurs/friday, heading to PP Sunday and going to Saigon for a few nights,
there is an evil in the air ive noticed this year, noticed it my first night back,
messed my head up for a few days, had to give my head a wobble and go meet barang doe sleu for some therapy :plus1:
If ever they announce the closure of the girly bars, then we'll have to put you on suicide watch i reckon. :D whats with the evil air shite?
i dont know tbh, there is a lot of shit under my sihanoukville bridge lol :dragonchase:
ive also had some cracking nights as well
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
Raybull
Expatriate

Post by Raybull »

Jamie_Lambo wrote:
Raybull wrote:
Jamie_Lambo wrote:
If ever they announce the closure of the girly bars, then we'll have to put you on suicide watch i reckon. :D whats with the evil air shite?
i dont know tbh, there is a lot of shit under my sihanoukville bridge lol :dragonchase:
Time to find a bigger pool of fish, or atleast a different one maybe. You gots the Vietnam visa waiver too, go hit up some of those danchoi chicks!
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

Raybull wrote:
Jamie_Lambo wrote:
Raybull wrote:
Jamie_Lambo wrote:
Time to find a bigger pool of fish, or atleast a different one maybe. You gots the Vietnam visa waiver too, go hit up some of those danchoi chicks!
off on the 17th mate, will be nice break for a few days, think im going to do some bike shopping when i get back to PP then drive down to Kampong Chnang and go check out round there for a couple of days
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: British Expat Stefan AJ Maffei Commits Suicide in Sihanoukville, Cambodia

Post by frank lee bent »

there is an evil in the air ive noticed this year
not many tourists besides the Chinese so not much money or jobs for locals.
i think the near future holds trouble for the locals
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Re: British Expat Stefan AJ Maffei Commits Suicide in Sihanoukville, Cambodia

Post by General Mackevili »

From Facebook:

"Dear all

I am writing to let you know the details of the funeral service for our friend Stefan Maffei (English Stef who used to own the khmer cooking school).

The funeral will take place tomorrow, Saturday, January 14th at Wat Krom in Sihanoukville at 3pm. Please feel free to attend if you would like to pay your final respects to Stef.

If you'd like to to help out with the costs of the funeral donations can be dropped off at Ana Travel on Beach Road with either Mick or Ana.

If you would like any additional information please feel free to send me a pm.

Thank you.
"
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic