Czech Expat Branislav (Bruno) Polach Found Dead on Streets of Siem Reap After Alcohol-Fueled Downward Spiral

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Czech Expat Branislav (Bruno) Polach Found Dead on Streets of Siem Reap After Alcohol-Fueled Downward Spiral

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Siem Reap, Cambodia: Branislav Polach (known as "Bruno" to his friends) died on the streets of Siem Reap on Christmas Day, December 25, 2016.

He was an expat in Singapore for 6 years before heading to Cambodia last year and according to someone who knew him, it was in Singapore where his problem with alcoholism started getting really bad.

Bruno Polach's family back in the Czech Republic were informed about his death and told that no autopsy would be performed.

He told friends that he was hospitalized for alcohol-related problems a few days before his death and sent messages to friends telling them to send him money ASAP because he had to settle his hospital bill and that the police were holding his passport.

5 days later he's found dead on Christmas Day. Now some of his friends want answers. He even told some people that he went to Bangkok to have a kidney removed, but there is still some mystery surrounding the events that lead to his death.

Before his time in Siem Reap he also spent a couple months in Phnom Penh, and he also asked friends for money to settle several unpaid bar tabs around Siem Reap.

Here are some pictures of Branislav Polach in better times and a couple tributes from his friend translated from Slovene:

"A few days ago , I met with my old good friend from high school still Bruno Polach , who many years living in Singapore , was with him and his girlfriend . Hull . Tan Sat with us one more friend who is getting married soon to South Korea with Philippines State citizen . We drank a few beers and great talk . We talked mainly about Singapore in which they live together comfortably coexist , Chinese and malajzijčania konfuciani , Muslims , Hindus , without the need for anyone to question and blabbering fašizoidné nonsense about death of multiculturalism , we spoke English so we all understand . In the midst of bratislava over Mexican beer with slovak friends whose wives are from South East Asia . Everything as it should be . People are like and no one solves skin color , religion , ethnicity or country of origin . I 'm glad my friends are open to people who do n't tolerate diversity - they seek it , want it to get to know and enjoy from it . I wish these people were in Slovakia , the more . Thank you for the beautiful evening , we friends.

I've never had many friends , but real friends I could count on one hand . The one I came in today . Left young . At my age . He does n't stop hurting . We knew each other for over twenty years and few have been such a role model for me than him . was go getter , funny , articulate man who me by setting your positive power in those difficult moments . And we 've been together a lot . His optimism was so contagious . I caught him recently to say how much it means to me , how big my inspiration . Giving away in a good mood , smiles , well - being . I 've never met a bigger bohéma . And srdečnejšieho man . You like that I will always remember him . I thought once he makes it further than the rest of us . Had the incredible potential . And suddenly she 's not with us . He does n't stop hurting . Goodbye , my friend.

Together we 're powering secondary einsteinke bench at recess smoking in the bathroom , started barking together for a beer to Matthew , along to metal concerts , play football together . together we ran before the Nazi when run into pinkáča vlasáčov to beat .. Together we stresovali before exams at college , be encouraged , do rigo .. I 'm doing rawlsa , you dahl , not long ago we talked about hmm you 're from Ireland , Sweden also Singapore and you always had plenty of experiences. And every time you get a moment back to bratislava , we met and talked about the old times you were talking us events from South East Asia , you loved . Hardly anyone has such a gift for words , what you had . Few people knew US So laugh . You mean so much to us . We never forget , brankl Rest in peace
"
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Re: Czech Expat Branislav (Bruno) Polach Found Dead on Streets of Siem Reap After Alcohol-Fueled Downward Spiral

Post by General Mackevili »

RIP young man.
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
bolueeleh
Expatriate

Re: Czech Expat Branislav (Bruno) Polach Found Dead on Streets of Siem Reap After Alcohol-Fueled Downward Spiral

Post by bolueeleh »

yup, 6 years in sinkapore could drink yourself poor, sinkapore is one of the most expensive city in asia for drinking.
Money is not the problem, the problem is no money
Brewer
Expatriate

Post by Brewer »

bolueeleh wrote:yup, 6 years in sinkapore could drink yourself poor, sinkapore is one of the most expensive city in asia for drinking.
That was my first thought. Servicing alcoholism in Singapore is a very expensive business.
dferraris
Tourist
Italy

Post by dferraris »

BRUNO....RIP! To see this news simply davastates me...crying home.

If ANYONE has more info pls let me know. It's months that I'm trying contacting Bruno.

I'LL NEVER FORGET YOU....so SAD now and It looks so IMPOSSIBLE!!!! Dublin, Mannheim, Barcellona, Singapor....and NOW everything is OVER, OMG

One day we'll see again.....Rest in Pace My Dear FRIEND!!
dferraris
Tourist
Italy

Post by dferraris »

Sorry....Anyone with ANY INFO? It's so strange what happen....sorry bothering you!
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Post by General Mackevili »

dferraris wrote:BRUNO....RIP! To see this news simply davastates me...crying home.

If ANYONE has more info pls let me know. It's months that I'm trying contacting Bruno.

I'LL NEVER FORGET YOU....so SAD now and It looks so IMPOSSIBLE!!!! Dublin, Mannheim, Barcellona, Singapor....and NOW everything is OVER, OMG

One day we'll see again.....Rest in Pace My Dear FRIEND!!
dferraris wrote:Sorry....Anyone with ANY INFO? It's so strange what happen....sorry bothering you!
No further info, but sorry for your loss.
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
dferraris
Tourist
Italy

Post by dferraris »

Thanks for the prompt reply.

If anyone has info pls let me know.

Thanks again

Regards
Davide
Ricky Dunn
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Ricky Dunn »

Alcoholism, cirrhosis is heredity based, if your DNA has it you can die in your twenties, - I'm drunk right now and have been drinking for 55 years, cheers.
hanno
Expatriate
Germany

Post by hanno »

Ricky Dunn wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2019 12:14 pm Alcoholism, cirrhosis is heredity based, if your DNA has it you can die in your twenties, - I'm drunk right now and have been drinking for 55 years, cheers.
Which would explain why you are replying to an even that took place over 2 years ago....
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic