onward plane tickets for visas to Cambodia

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
obelisks
Expatriate
Australia

onward plane tickets for visas to Cambodia

Post by obelisks »

has Cambodia recently introduced the same rule as Thailand that you have to show an onward plane ticket when you apply for a visa to Cambodia?
And if they have is it being enforced quite stringently?
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Re: onward plane tickets for visas to Cambodia

Post by Anchor Moy »

obelisks wrote:has Cambodia recently introduced the same rule as Thailand that you have to show an onward plane ticket when you apply for a visa to Cambodia?
No and no.

Why do you ask ? Did you read this somewhere on the internet ? Is it a rumour thats going around ?
Thailand is introducing stricter visa regulations, but that doesn't affect the rest of SEA immigration laws.

Cambodia: VOA - visa on arrival - for nationals of all countries except Afghanistan, Algeria, Arab Saudi, Bangladesh, Iran, Iraq, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Sudan, Nigeria, who must apply at an embassy
https://www.evisa.gov.kh/
slipperygypsy
Tourist

Post by slipperygypsy »

Anchor Moy wrote:
obelisks wrote:has Cambodia recently introduced the same rule as Thailand that you have to show an onward plane ticket when you apply for a visa to Cambodia?
No and no.

Why do you ask ? Did you read this somewhere on the internet ? Is it a rumour thats going around ?
Thailand is introducing stricter visa regulations, but that doesn't affect the rest of SEA immigration laws.

Cambodia: VOA - visa on arrival - for nationals of all countries except Afghanistan, Algeria, Arab Saudi, Bangladesh, Iran, Iraq, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Sudan, Nigeria, who must apply at an embassy
They need a NGO to help the Pakis to get a visa that is racial profiling and prejudice.
obelisks
Expatriate
Australia

Post by obelisks »

Anchor Moy wrote:
No and no.

yes indeed! it was mentioned in a thread on Thai Visa discussing how even the most relaxed Thai embassies and consulates are now starting to do things strictly by the book and someone mentioned that even Cambodia was starting to ask for evidence of onward travel for Visa applications which I certainly hadn't heard about.
epidemiks
Expatriate
Australia

Post by epidemiks »

Depends on the airline, from what I understand. I've heard numerous reports over the years, especially for flights ex Bangkok
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

obelisks wrote:
Anchor Moy wrote:
No and no.

yes indeed! it was mentioned in a thread on Thai Visa discussing how even the most relaxed Thai embassies and consulates are now starting to do things strictly by the book and someone mentioned that even Cambodia was starting to ask for evidence of onward travel for Visa applications which I certainly hadn't heard about.
this could apply to those requesting a THAI visa at the embassy in PP that a onward ticket is required.
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
obelisks
Expatriate
Australia

Post by obelisks »

epidemiks wrote:Depends on the airline, from what I understand. I've heard numerous reports over the years, especially for flights ex Bangkok

are you saying that when you apply for a Visa on arrival to Cambodia it will depend on which airline you arrived on at Phnom Penh as to whether they will ask to see your plane ticket out after 30 days?
obelisks
Expatriate
Australia

Post by obelisks »

phuketrichard wrote:
obelisks wrote:
Anchor Moy wrote:
No and no.

this could apply to those requesting a THAI visa at the embassy in PP that a onward ticket is required.
no this was regarding applications for a tourist Visa to visit Cambodia
epidemiks
Expatriate
Australia

Re: RE: Re: onward plane tickets for visas to Cambodia

Post by epidemiks »

obelisks wrote:
epidemiks wrote:Depends on the airline, from what I understand. I've heard numerous reports over the years, especially for flights ex Bangkok

are you saying that when you apply for a Visa on arrival to Cambodia it will depend on which airline you arrived on at Phnom Penh as to whether they will ask to see your plane ticket out after 30 days?
No, the reports I've heard have the airline asking at check-in for the flight to Cambodia whether you have onward flights. I assume you could just tell them you're taking a bus to Saigon or something. I've always had a visa, so I've never been asked.
kiwiincambodia
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by kiwiincambodia »

epidemiks wrote:
obelisks wrote:

No, the reports I've heard have the airline asking at check-in for the flight to Cambodia whether you have onward flights. I assume you could just tell them you're taking a bus to Saigon or something. I've always had a visa, so I've never been asked.
This.

Every report I have heard about people being asked about an onward ticket happened when they tried to check in for their flight.

Some airlines won't let you on he plan if there is a chance your visa will be denied.

I think overall this is a rule from the airlines not officially from immigration, but happy to be corrected if I am wrong on this point.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic