First time in Cambodia

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
slipperygypsy
Tourist

Re: First time in Cambodia

Post by slipperygypsy »

Well im heading to Cambodia to volunteer in a NGO because the third world people need my help why on earth do these guys goto happy endings anyway.
slipperygypsy
Tourist

Post by slipperygypsy »

slipperygypsy wrote:Well im heading to Cambodia to volunteer in a NGO because the third world people need my help why on earth do these guys goto happy endings anyway.
So disappointed I thought this internet group would know about helping in NGOs and all the temple placements in Cambodia but instead they only know about "happy endings" which may or may not result in death.
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

slipperygypsy wrote:
slipperygypsy wrote:Well im heading to Cambodia to volunteer in a NGO because the third world people need my help why on earth do these guys goto happy endings anyway.
So disappointed I thought this internet group would know about helping in NGOs and all the temple placements in Cambodia but instead they only know about "happy endings" which may or may not result in death.
who comes here to go round looking at temples when theres cheep beer and hookers everywhere ;-)
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
ExPenhMan
Expatriate
Canada

Post by ExPenhMan »

Surely this is:

a) A sock puppet from TOF :smileinbox:

or

b) Going to be the best thread of the year. :beer3:
boozyoldman
Expatriate
Western Sahara

Post by boozyoldman »

Is it possible that this entire thread was a teasy windup from the beginning?

If so, well done OP !
BklynBoy
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by BklynBoy »

Street 136 needs him. He can throw his money around on lady drinks. That will help. He can teach them Engrish and play facebook

WAIT, maybe he is practicing for the Cambodia Comedy Event?
Manhattan keeps on making it, Brooklyn keeps on taking it
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

boozyoldman wrote:Is it possible that this entire thread was a teasy windup from the beginning?

If so, well done OP !
:thumb:
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
Kuroneko
Expatriate

Post by Kuroneko »

boozyoldman wrote:Is it possible that this entire thread was a teasy windup from the beginning?

If so, well done OP !
The possibility is about 100% I'd say. I just dubbed him a PuNT, or pseudo-naïve Troll. ie someone who winds people up on the net by pretending to be ultra stupid. Turns out i'ts already a known phenomenon :D

"The trolls employed what the M.I.T. professor Judith Donath calls a “pseudo-naïve” tactic, asking stupid questions and seeing who would rise to the bait. The game was to find out who would see through this stereotypical newbie behavior, and who would fall for it. As one guide to trolldom puts it, “If you don’t fall for the joke, you get to be in on it.”

“Lulz” is how trolls keep score. A corruption of “LOL” or “laugh out loud,” “lulz” means the joy of disrupting another’s emotional equilibrium. “Lulz is watching someone lose their mind at their computer 2,000 miles away while you chat with friends and laugh,” said one ex-troll who, like many people I contacted, refused to disclose his legal identity.

Another troll explained the lulz as a quasi-thermodynamic exchange between the sensitive and the cruel: “You look for someone who is full of it, a real blowhard. Then you exploit their insecurities to get an insane amount of drama, laughs and lulz. Rules would be simple: 1. Do whatever it takes to get lulz. 2. Make sure the lulz is widely distributed. This will allow for more lulz to be made. 3. The game is never over until all the lulz have been had.”
http://www.nytimes.com/2008/08/03/magaz ... lls-t.html

slipperygypsy
Tourist

Post by slipperygypsy »

What a lovely country with forums dedicated to temples and NGOs I cannot wait to visit Angkor wat.
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

slipperygypsy wrote:What a lovely country with forums dedicated to temples and NGOs I cannot wait to visit Angkor wat.
Lovely to see you too and we can't wait until your visit.
You were doing more or less ok until you slipped up on the happy endings.
See u soon no doubt. :wave:
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic