Important info on Thai visa exempt entries

Thailand is Cambodia's neighbor to the West, and this forum is dedicated to Thai news, stories, reviews, blogs, videos, Thai people and anything else related to the country. A lot of expats have both lived and worked in Cambodia and Thailand, and this area is a place to discuss all aspects of life in Thailand and what's going on there. Most topics are about Bangkok and Pattaya because of their larger populations of expatriates and tourists in those cities, but this is for all things Thai.
snookieboi
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: Important info on Thai visa exempt entries

Post by snookieboi »

lurcio wrote:
snookieboi wrote:so for UK passport holders, land borders have gone from 15b days entry to 30 days, twice max a year??
It's been 30 days for the last 3 years or so when crossing at the land borders. The difference is now you can only do it twice a calendar year.
tHANKS. tHE Reason i queried it is because unfortunately i read elsewhere recently that it was only 15 days thru land, and i'm looking to travel soon. Anyways thank you for clarifying that. Youre more helpful than that PR guy. :stir: :beer3:
More than just any old backpacker.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

snookieboi wrote:
lurcio wrote:
snookieboi wrote:so for UK passport holders, land borders have gone from 15b days entry to 30 days, twice max a year??
It's been 30 days for the last 3 years or so when crossing at the land borders. The difference is now you can only do it twice a calendar year.
tHANKS. tHE Reason i queried it is because unfortunately i read elsewhere recently that it was only 15 days thru land, and i'm looking to travel soon. Anyways thank you for clarifying that. Youre more helpful than that PR guy. :stir: :beer3:
all u had to do is read the post i posted .... :stir:
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
snookieboi
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by snookieboi »

phuketrichard wrote:all u had to do is read the post i posted .... :stir:
Sorry i guess i screwed up then. I simply couldn't be assed to trawl thru the thread. Apologies.

And OF COURSE this has got nothing to do with the fact that someone is pee'd off because the current weather in some 'big' island is currently AWFUL... :twisted:
Last edited by snookieboi on Sun Jan 08, 2017 6:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

why would i care if it rains?? i actually like it when it rains, we get more than enough sunny days here :-)
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
snookieboi
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by snookieboi »

phuketrichard wrote:why would i care if it rains?? i actually like it when it rains, we get more than enough sunny days here :-)
I have read the whole thread now, but nowhere in it was mentioned that the once 15 days land border thing had changed back to 30 days again. Correct me if i'm wrong, but i still think my op was justified under these circumstances. :hattip:
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Not sure whats new here, but may be of use ...
Latest Information for Thailand Visas
The Thai government has recently approved the extension of long-stay visas for foreigners 50+ years old in Thailand. The approval means visas can be valid for 10 years, instead of one year.

In another positive move, the government has waived the tourist visa fees (and halved others) for visitors arriving from 19 countries from December 1st 2016 to February 28th 2017 in a measure to woo more visitors to Thailand.

Are the changes a sign that the visa rules are being relaxed?

That remains to be seen, but it is obvious that tourism continues to flourish despite challenges this year. There are some signs that the government intends to clamp down on long-stayers that simply do ‘border runs’ to renew their visas...

http://pattayaone.news/en/latest-inform ... and-visas/
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

nothing new, and only applies to wealthy farangs and a new visa for them
Luckily for many if us on the 1 year extensions, all remains the same
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic