Bokor Palace Rave Party?

This is the part of the forum where we discuss Cambodia's nightlife! While most bars, nightclubs, pubs, beer gardens, and hostess bars are in Phnom Penh, we discuss the Cambodian nightlife across all of Cambodia, including Siem Reap, Kampot, and Sihanoukville. The main nightlife areas in Phnom Penh are on Street 136, Street 130, Street 110 and Street 51, but there are other party spots that aren't girlie bars where expats, tourists, and locals drink until the sun comes up. Feel free to post specials and promotions that relate to nighttime fun!
Luigi
Expatriate

Bokor Palace Rave Party?

Post by Luigi »

Has any one heard about this? Or is this another scheme/scam. My gf tells me there is a thread on Fakebook about a rave party on the 27th Jan. Hosted by some Kampotions.

Hard to believe Sok Kong would sign off on this or any of the others that would need to be consulted/paid off whatever. But we are in KoW town.

Rave on Stevie.
Raybull
Expatriate

Re: Bokor Palace Rave Party?

Post by Raybull »

It's for a movie production.
Luigi
Expatriate

Post by Luigi »

I think I recall reading that a couple people were shot at last big event. I could wrong. I often am.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

Luigi wrote:I think I recall reading that a couple people were shot at last big event. I could wrong. I often am.
There were two people , one police, one gendarmerie, who shot each other dead at the NYE party Dec 31st 2004.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Luigi
Expatriate

Post by Luigi »

John Bingham wrote:
Luigi wrote:I think I recall reading that a couple people were shot at last big event. I could wrong. I often am.
There were two people , one police, one gendarmerie, who shot each other dead at the NYE party Dec 31st 2004.
That would put a dampener on most party's. I hope this event is more sedate. :beer3:
mishi
Tourist

Post by mishi »

Luigi wrote:Has any one heard about this? Or is this another scheme/scam. My gf tells me there is a thread on Fakebook about a rave party on the 27th Jan. Hosted by some Kampotions.

Hard to believe Sok Kong would sign off on this or any of the others that would need to be consulted/paid off whatever. But we are in KoW town.

Rave on Stevie.
As 27th Jan is coming up fastly. So, share with us where it is going to held? Will opportunity for all to join or just selected? Share more and why not to ask your GF? Hope you like to share with us frankly. Will love to see your reply before 27 Jan.
Luigi
Expatriate

Post by Luigi »

mishi wrote:
Luigi wrote:Has any one heard about this? Or is this another scheme/scam. My gf tells me there is a thread on Fakebook about a rave party on the 27th Jan. Hosted by some Kampotions.

Rave on Stevie.
As 27th Jan is coming up fastly. So, share with us where it is going to held? Will opportunity for all to join or just selected? Share more and why not to ask your GF? Hope you like to share with us frankly. Will love to see your reply before 27 Jan.

To my understanding it's a filming requiring 100+ extras. Search Facebook Kampot Notice board, Jessica Rowe.
All your questions will be answered there. Have fun, stay safe,
Luigi
Expatriate

Post by Luigi »

Jessica Rowe just as a reminder this is a film, NOT an actual rave!!
the spaces for khmer extras have been filed by the staff from tansur bokor hotel, and everyone else will receive a invite.
it is invite only, they need a set amount of people, from a certain age bracket and a ratio of female to male.
this was just to get an idea of interest and a base of people to send invites to, that fit all the criteria.
the dates on this post are incorrect, personal invites will be sent out with all further details soon.
thanks for the crazy amazing response guy, looks like i might have to put some time in to organizing a real one
phrammoianchor
Expatriate

Post by phrammoianchor »

Luigi wrote:Jessica Rowe just as a reminder this is a film, NOT an actual rave!!
the spaces for khmer extras have been filed by the staff from tansur bokor hotel, and everyone else will receive a invite.
it is invite only, they need a set amount of people, from a certain age bracket and a ratio of female to male.
this was just to get an idea of interest and a base of people to send invites to, that fit all the criteria.
the dates on this post are incorrect, personal invites will be sent out with all further details soon.
thanks for the crazy amazing response guy, looks like i might have to put some time in to organizing a real one
If it's Kampot it will be exclusive garunteed, they don't like outsider in there town.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic