German Expat Gerrard Matheson from Pocoloco Bar Brutally Murdered on Beach in Sihanoukville, Cambodia

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Re: German Expat Gerrard Matheson from Pocoloco Bar Brutally Murdered on Beach in Sihanoukville, Cambodia

Post by Anchor Moy »

Very strange. The Phnom Penh Post are also saying Gary/Gerry is still unidentified. They also say that the German Embassy doesn't know about his death. Looks like reporters at the PPP have phoned up all the embassies and drawn a blank.

S’ville police struggle to identify dead foreigner
Fri, 16 December 2016
Khouth Sophak Chakrya

Preah Sihanouk province police yesterday were still trying to identify the body of a suspected foreign national who was found dead on Monday on the Chok Cheay beach in front of the provincial hall.

Choun Narin, provincial police chief, said his officials hadn’t yet identified the victim or the suspect. “We are [doing] . . . research about the identity of the body,” he said.

Narin said police were sending a picture of the victim to various embassies in Phnom Penh through the Ministry of Interior’s immigration department in their effort to identify the man, but he added that as of yesterday, he had not received any information back.

Phol Phorsda, Sihanoukville police chief, said officials believed the victim could be German or Italian, without explaining why. Meanwhile, several embassies said yesterday that they had not received the request from police.

Daniela Dempf, first secretary and deputy head of mission at the German Embassy in Phnom Penh, said her embassy had not been notified or contacted by the Cambodian authorities about this case.

Mathilde Teruya, spokeswoman for the French Embassy in Phnom Penh, said her embassy had not yet “received any photograph at this point”. Jay Raman, spokesman for the US Embassy in Phnom Penh, said the same went for his embassy.

The Russian and Australian embassies in Phnom Penh didn’t respond to a request for comment, and the Italian Embassy in Bangkok declined to comment.

http://www.phnompenhpost.com/national/s ... -foreigner
Barang_doa_slae
The Dark Horse
Cambodia

Re: German Expat Gerrard Matheson from Pocoloco Bar Brutally Murdered on Beach in Sihanoukville, Cambodia

Post by Barang_doa_slae »

I would definitely go if for the septicemia risk going to mojo bar so little time after a surgery.
Once again RIP Gary, soon won't be enough good crazies in this town :beer1:
adders28
Expatriate

Post by adders28 »

Its Gerrard (gary) matheson his friends have confirmed they see his dead body now end speculation please
thanks
oh the wat is near mollie golf course turn on road near post office
thanks again
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

Hi adders,
First of all, sorry for your loss and sincere condolences to all Gerrard's friends and family. His death is shocking and senseless.

My post was just questioning the media coverage and the lack of an affirmative answer from the German Embassy. In the event of a death in Cambodia, usually the embassies confirm the death of a national and say they are providing assistance.
RIP.
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Re: RE: Re: German Expat Gary from Pocoloco Bar Brutally Murdered on Beach in Sihanoukville

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

General Mackevili wrote:
Jamie_Lambo wrote:... Sorry not been on here much recently

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pattaya will do that to you. Image
no idea what youre talking about, i was there purely for temples :popcorn:
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
RIPGerypocoloco
Tourist

Post by RIPGerypocoloco »

Last message I received from Gery a couple weeks before his murder...I had received some strange calls and messages from him prior to this message.

"Hi (name), believe it or not I honestly don't understand your msg though I did checked my fone records and obviously I received a call from u which somehow was kinda surprising 2 me since I can't remember a thing. All I know is that on that particular day I've been so drunk that I still have the worst headache/hangover till the very moment.My life has been upside down since I got visit by burglars. They took all I've got and I'm completely fucked now. I can't tell u the details now but my life is so messed up and I run outta options. Whatever I've said 2 u wasn't me and not meant to be addressed 2 u. I hope u believe me when I say that I do love u the way I always did.xxx."

Don't know the details but it certainly wasn't random...Certainly wasn't some inexperienced kid!

Khmer Rouge coupe de grace style,blow to the upper neck to sever the brain stem...looks like he may have squirmed after the initial hit and someone else has crunched it in to make sure(different wound pattern), then a couple to the head for good measure.

No evidence of overkill,not the kind of wounds that one would receive from a flurried attack...very precise and economical...
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic