New 2hr ferry service to start between Hua Hin- Pattaya

Thailand is Cambodia's neighbor to the West, and this forum is dedicated to Thai news, stories, reviews, blogs, videos, Thai people and anything else related to the country. A lot of expats have both lived and worked in Cambodia and Thailand, and this area is a place to discuss all aspects of life in Thailand and what's going on there. Most topics are about Bangkok and Pattaya because of their larger populations of expatriates and tourists in those cities, but this is for all things Thai.
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Re: New 2hr ferry service to start between Hua Hin- Pattaya

Post by Username Taken »

obelisks wrote:I don't know all I can say is that they are such a bunch of pussies nothing like the tough crowd who were the crew on the boat between Koh Kong and Snooky which I went on quite a few times
Those boats that plied the Koh Kong > Snooky > Koh Kong route were death traps. They were designed for river runs, not the open sea.

The stretch of water between Pataya and Hua Hin is very much open sea. I think we can expect numerous cancellations like this due to the weather.
The best way to achieve this journey would be to have two boats running in opposite directions with both leaving at 6 to 6:30 AM in order to arrive on the other side before the morning winds pick up around 9 AM.
SinnSisamouth
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by SinnSisamouth »

and at least one will be around to pick up the other passengers from its sister capsized boat
i am on these blocked lists;
pucketrichard
hotdgr
sailorman
rozzieoz
stroppychops

:fuckyou:
Bertros
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Bertros »

Four meter high waves in gulf of Thailand in that area? seems quite large to me, the wind would have to be really blowing.

further out to sea or such--perhaps, but that's pretty far up in the bay/coastal area for waves that large.

maybe some other issue was at hand?

just sayin'

Bertros :hattip:
A taste of the bait is worth the pain of the hook.....
SinnSisamouth
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by SinnSisamouth »

its very shallow as seas go only average 190ft (atlantic ocean is average 11000ft) so maybe that has to do with high waves or rouge waves?
i am on these blocked lists;
pucketrichard
hotdgr
sailorman
rozzieoz
stroppychops

:fuckyou:
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

Finally made it :thumb:

The first ferry service between Pattaya and Hua Hin will be launched on January 17 after a successful test run of the service from Pattaya to Hua Hin on Thursday following several postponements due to strong winds and high waves.

200 passengers who included Thai and foreign tourists, members of the media and locals were on board Royal One ferry at the Balihai pier in southern Pattaya for the journey to the fish market pier in Hua Hin. The entire trip took two and a half hours.
http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/first- ... d-hua-hin/

and further south in Nakron Sri Thamarat
and Samui;

In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic