YouTuber "Dead Farang" Has Another Night Out in Sihanoukville, This Time Victory Hill

This is the part of the forum where we discuss Cambodia's nightlife! While most bars, nightclubs, pubs, beer gardens, and hostess bars are in Phnom Penh, we discuss the Cambodian nightlife across all of Cambodia, including Siem Reap, Kampot, and Sihanoukville. The main nightlife areas in Phnom Penh are on Street 136, Street 130, Street 110 and Street 51, but there are other party spots that aren't girlie bars where expats, tourists, and locals drink until the sun comes up. Feel free to post specials and promotions that relate to nighttime fun!
Raybull
Expatriate

Re: YouTuber "Dead Farang" Has Another Night Out in Sihanoukville, This Time Victory Hill

Post by Raybull »

Jamie_Lambo wrote:
Barang_doa_slae wrote:Mini river my ass.
These thai video bloggers should be banned from filming here (or elswhere in cambodia for what it matters) they will bring us unwanted crowd.
Therefore I suggest to mandate Jamie to beat the shit out of any spotted youtubers, except the local ones like No Joke of course.
Now please don't worry about the logistic, we can fix him with a long island camel pack and he should be good to go :D
im thinking of doing one down the Chicken Farm in a few days
i just need a kick ass YouTube blogging name like Dead Farang or No Joke!
tbh Kiwiincambodias nickname for me could work... Punchy Mcshortstack
next weeks edition "Punchy Mcshortstack visits the Poultry Petting Zoo with the Dark Horse"
Joking aside, these guys are lame as can be, but it's also wise for all to keep in mind there's quite a lot of leeway in the foreign areas, not so much in other areas. A few years back, on the other hill, before quite a few of the Viets made their way back across, a foreigner had a knife to his throat rather quickly when he began making one of these. Last year, a Norwegian crew with a few thousand in gear was trying to make a docu in one of the small KTV's up from the lions next to ours. I spoke to them, in the process asked if they had even asked the owner permission. Negative. An annoyed Khmer buddy informed them that they had called some mates to come rob them. He was half joking but they scampered off rather quickly. All it takes is to film the wrong drunken sailor, one closet gay khmer cop hanging with a few younger guys, the drunk doctor that has a wife and a few kids, etc. and foreign fists will be fighting a machete or bullets.
At least guys like NJ are mildly interesting, nightlife vbloggers are borrrrring as fuck, same goes for the lifestylers blogging about finding windowless rooms for 150$ and living the life for 550$/month. :facepalm: I think many westerners have this genetic anomaly to fuck up everything that's good out of sheer stupidity!
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Re: YouTuber "Dead Farang" Has Another Night Out in Sihanoukville, This Time Victory Hill

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

Raybull wrote:
Jamie_Lambo wrote:
These thai video bloggers should be banned from filming here (or elswhere in cambodia for what it matters) they will bring us unwanted crowd.
Therefore I suggest to mandate Jamie to beat the shit out of any spotted youtubers, except the local ones like No Joke of course.
Now please don't worry about the logistic, we can fix him with a long island camel pack and he should be good to go :D
next weeks edition "Punchy Mcshortstack visits the Poultry Petting Zoo with the Dark Horse"
Joking aside, these guys are lame as can be, but it's also wise for all to keep in mind there's quite a lot of leeway in the foreign areas, not so much in other areas. A few years back, on the other hill, before quite a few of the Viets made their way back across, a foreigner had a knife to his throat rather quickly when he began making one of these. Last year, a Norwegian crew with a few thousand in gear was trying to make a docu in one of the small KTV's up from the lions next to ours. I spoke to them, in the process asked if they had even asked the owner permission. Negative. An annoyed Khmer buddy informed them that they had called some mates to come rob them. He was half joking but they scampered off rather quickly. All it takes is to film the wrong drunken sailor, one closet gay khmer cop hanging with a few younger guys, the drunk doctor that has a wife and a few kids, etc. and foreign fists will be fighting a machete or bullets.
At least guys like NJ are mildly interesting, nightlife vbloggers are borrrrring as fuck, same goes for the lifestylers blogging about finding windowless rooms for 150$ and living the life for 550$/month. :facepalm: I think many westerners have this genetic anomaly to fuck up everything that's good out of sheer stupidity!
fully agree, SHV is wild west, and in the local areas its worse,
ive got friends who live up blue mountain who have AK47's and pistols they said i can borrow anytime i wanted...

and luckily ive never had any problems taking photos down the chicken farm either...

blacked out every ones faces because you made me paranoid to protect identities, although im pretty obvious i didnt want to be left out... 8)
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
Raybull
Expatriate

Post by Raybull »

Haha, don't think your mates care so much! In fact they may be offended by you editing skills? Anyways, Quite a big differences between taking a few pics with Khmer friends on a boys night out and taping random people/places in dark alleys while talking loudly in pidgeon English.
Bertros
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Bertros »

Jamie_Lambo wrote:
Raybull wrote:
Jamie_Lambo wrote:
fully agree, SHV is wild west, and in the local areas its worse,
ive got friends who live up blue mountain who have AK47's and pistols they said i can borrow anytime i wanted...

and luckily ive never had any problems taking photos down the chicken farm either...

blacked out every ones faces because you made me paranoid to protect identities, although im pretty obvious i didnt want to be left out... 8)
so was that 'men's night' or what? :color

I don't see any 'chickens'...

just sayin'

Bertros :hattip:
A taste of the bait is worth the pain of the hook.....
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

think you need your eyes testing Bertros mate,
plus the subject was taking photos of the guys down the chicken farm, and how they would get pissed off, not the girls
these guys in the pics in the KTV i had only just met, my friends were on a diff table
Bertros
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Bertros »

:hattip:
Jamie_Lambo wrote:think you need your eyes testing Bertros mate,
plus the subject was taking photos of the guys down the chicken farm, and how they would get pissed off, not the girls
these guys in the pics in the KTV i had only just met, my friends were on a diff table
bit of fun 'Jamie'...

that's all.

cheers

A taste of the bait is worth the pain of the hook.....
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

Bertros wrote::hattip:
Jamie_Lambo wrote:think you need your eyes testing Bertros mate,
bit of fun 'Jamie'...

that's all.

cheers

c'mon you should know this is the internet where people take things too seriously :dragonchase:

i know you was joking mate :beer3:

cheers

Lambos :hattip:
popeyesretreat
Tourist
United States of America

Post by popeyesretreat »

Barang_doa_slae wrote: Mon Dec 26, 2016 7:03 pm Mini river my ass.
I would bet you the owners of the bars would say different, they want the crowds and better then empty spaces or empty bars.
"If you thought I was that advanced would you ask me if I understood?" :hattip:
saigonjackpot
Expatriate
Finland

Post by saigonjackpot »

popeyesretreat wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2017 3:29 pm
Barang_doa_slae wrote: Mon Dec 26, 2016 7:03 pm Mini river my ass.
I would bet you the owners of the bars would say different, they want the crowds and better then empty spaces or empty bars.
"We dont want em here....."

I heard it in jakarta ,SNV, Angeles ,PP etc etc

What kinda redneck goes to Cambodia and says "we dont want other barangs here"....

Probly a ToF poster I bet.
alberttatlock
Tourist
Great Britain

Post by alberttatlock »

my god that video was truly depressing, it seems the only thing to have improved on victory hill in the last 10 years is the road.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic