Dana White: Conor McGregor will have to give up a title after UFC 205

Title says it all really...
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Re: Dana White: Conor McGregor will have to give up a title after UFC 205

Post by Username Taken »

Where's kiwi with the result? Oh, that's right, he was rooting for Alvarez. :boxing:
kiwiincambodia
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by kiwiincambodia »

Down in Kep with fuck all coverage however I will eat humble pie.

It was scary how easy Mcgregor made that look. I don't think there is anyone out there who can go toe to toe with him at the moment.
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

kiwiincambodia wrote:Down in Kep with fuck all coverage however I will eat humble pie.

It was scary how easy Mcgregor made that look. I don't think there is anyone out there who can go toe to toe with him at the moment.
Except if we get Punchy McShortstacks fueled up on some Long Island Ice Ts :fighting:

;-) He can go for the ankles.
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

Anchor Moy wrote:
kiwiincambodia wrote:Down in Kep with fuck all coverage however I will eat humble pie.

Except if we get Punchy McShortstacks fueled up on some Long Island Ice Ts :fighting:

;-) He can go for the ankles.

fantastic performance by mcgreggor what a champ!!
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
kiwiincambodia
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by kiwiincambodia »

Conor McGregor: I'm still the featherweight champ

If you ask Conor McGregor, he is still is the UFC lightweight and featherweight champion of the world. As for that whole thing about him relinquishing the featherweight title? Complete rubbish.

McGregor spoke to Ireland’s RTE after receiving their award for Sports Person of the Year and said under no uncertain terms that he was never contacted about relinquishing the title he won by defeating Jose Aldo in 13 seconds last year.

“All I know is they’re trying to type onto keyboard and say, ‘We’re taking this belt, we’re taking that belt, we’re doing this, we’re doing that,’ ” said McGregor. “You ain’t doing nothing without contacting me first.”

The murky situation began when the UFC decided to elevate Max Holloway vs. Anthony Pettis to the UFC 206 main event and have them duel for the interim featherweight title after Daniel Cormier had to pull out of his light heavyweight fight with Anthony Johnson due to injury. In turn, the UFC announced that McGregor “relinquished” the featherweight title and promoted the previous interim champion, Jose Aldo, to full champion.

McGregor scoffed at the notion that he was no longer a two-weight world champion. He recently became the first fighter in the history of the UFC to hold world titles in two different weight divisions after scoring a second-round knockout against Eddie Alvarez at UFC 205 to claim the lightweight title.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/conor-mcgr ... 37150.html
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic