Motor-show girls cover their knees - sales plummet.

Thailand is Cambodia's neighbor to the West, and this forum is dedicated to Thai news, stories, reviews, blogs, videos, Thai people and anything else related to the country. A lot of expats have both lived and worked in Cambodia and Thailand, and this area is a place to discuss all aspects of life in Thailand and what's going on there. Most topics are about Bangkok and Pattaya because of their larger populations of expatriates and tourists in those cities, but this is for all things Thai.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Motor-show girls cover their knees - sales plummet.

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Following the decision to impose a mandatory dress code - no knees please - on the usually sexy models at the Thailand International Motor Expo 2016, attendance at the show and car sales have dropped dramatically.
Following the committee’s decision to impose a mandatory dress code on the models for this year’s Motor Expo in Thailand, the event saw a huge drop not only in its attendance, but also its overall car sales.
While the direct link is yet to be established, the decline in the number of attendees itself may provide an indication that car models dressing up in conservative clothing affected the success of the event.

The total number of visitors who showed up between Dec. 1 – Dec. 11 was just 1.19 million, registering a 19.3% drop in attendance, according to Bangkok Coconuts.
The 2016 Motor Expo wrapped up with 32,422 bookings for car sales, a 17% drop from last year’s bookings. There was a huge increase however in motorcycle sales, posting a total of 7,942 sales bookings, marking a 27 % increase from last year.

Before: Image
After: Image
http://pattayaone.news/en/attendance-ca ... ced-cover/
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
hanno
Expatriate
Germany

Re: Motor-show girls cover their knees - sales plummet.

Post by hanno »

No Coyotes? Damn, I will put the purchase of my Rolls on hold until they are back.
ExPenhMan
Expatriate
Canada

Post by ExPenhMan »

It's the only reason I ever went to the shows years ago. I couldn't afford outrageously inflated Thai car prices, otherwise. And now I can't even afford Thai girl prices. :roll:
sigmoid
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by sigmoid »

Welcome to the Land of De-evolution.
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
I may be going to hell in a bucket,
but at least I'm enjoying the ride.
Kuroneko
Expatriate

Post by Kuroneko »

CEOCambodiaNews wrote:Following the decision to impose a mandatory dress code - no knees please - on the usually sexy models at the Thailand International Motor Expo 2016, attendance at the show and car sales have dropped dramatically.
Following the committee’s decision to impose a mandatory dress code on the models for this year’s Motor Expo in Thailand, the event saw a huge drop not only in its attendance, but also its overall car sales.
While the direct link is yet to be established, the decline in the number of attendees itself may provide an indication that car models dressing up in conservative clothing affected the success of the event.

The total number of visitors who showed up between Dec. 1 – Dec. 11 was just 1.19 million, registering a 19.3% drop in attendance, according to Bangkok Coconuts.
The 2016 Motor Expo wrapped up with 32,422 bookings for car sales, a 17% drop from last year’s bookings.
Looks like a case of.............

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic