I just arrived in Phnom Penh

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
boozyoldman
Expatriate
Western Sahara

Re: I just arrived in Phnom Penh

Post by boozyoldman »

One of the newspapers' websites did cover the true tale of a lady tuk-tuk owner/driver in PP
but that was a while ago and maybe she is not around any more.

There is/was also a moonlighting cop who learned German (really really GOOD German) while
doing police training in the old DDR/German Democratic Republic in the PRK era.
boozyoldman
Expatriate
Western Sahara

Post by boozyoldman »

Here she is (or was) ...

http://www.phnompenhpost.com/siem-reap- ... es-streets

... but maybe she's no longer in business
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

There is one lady tuk-tuk driver who has been around for years, and she usually hangs around the shops that sell furniture at the bridge end of Monivong. I have used her twice to deliver furniture that I bought from those shops.

Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
zmth
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: I just arrived in PP

Post by zmth »

Newbieneedshelp wrote:Did it come across as meaning every tuk tuk driver tried to grab my pockets,?

Did anyone else get that impression from my post?

I thought I had said kids sniffing glue?
And what does sniffing glue have to do with anything ? Or are you a straight person ? who doesn't know better.
willyhilly
Expatriate
Albania

Post by willyhilly »

This is one of those great threads, isn't it ? Thanks cuzzy bro but you don't seem to belong here in Cambodia.
MassConsciousness
Tourist
Canada

Post by MassConsciousness »

Hey I'm New to PP also. If you are staying long time and looking to make connections (not for drugs lol) for sharing info on how to thrive or survive this new strange concrete jungle, as i am, let me know. I can be reached at 0969743465 name is Daryl. I'm hoping to get work as Eng kindergarten teacher to create similar good life that i had in Bangkok, meeting women and cool people and learning to avoid the pit falls of PP etc. Anything to make the transition from Canada to PP easier. So far learned some really good apps for making communication very fast and easy with the people. Still need to learn lots in other ways.
kiwiincambodia
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by kiwiincambodia »

Hi MassConsciousness, head down to Score bar on street 282, the owner is also from Canada (well the French part, but he is ok) and he regularly holds Canadian events, I think they are every 2nd Friday.

Alot of decent regulars there as well and people are normally friendly and will invite you in to join the conversations.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic