Vietnam prior visa or letter approval for USA citizens ?

Yeah, that place out 'there'. Anything not really Cambodia related should go here.
zmth
Expatriate
United States of America

Vietnam prior visa or letter approval for USA citizens ?

Post by zmth »

I am flying from Manila with onward ticket to Phnom Penh in a couple weeks and booked and already paid to stop over in Vietnam for about 9 days only. Now from what i read on the internet it seems one must atleast have a visa approval letter or ViSA prior. Now my question is does anyone know any verifiable account of any USA or say for that matter any Caucasian being denied entry to Vietnam for not having done anything prior with respect to visa or atleast visa approval letter ? As I don't want to have to go thru this 'pain in the ass' especially for only 9 days.
Raybull
Expatriate

Re: Vietnam prior visa or letter approval for USA citizens ?

Post by Raybull »

As a citizen of the much respected USA, saviour of the Vietnamese, you'll be just fine. Right...Just read up at the source
https://travel.state.gov/content/passpo ... etnam.html
Luigi
Expatriate

Post by Luigi »

A notice posted in the VN Consul in SHV

NOTICE

Consulate General of Vietnam in Sihanoukville
granted the visa 1 month, 3 months (single/multiple).
From September 10th, American visitors can be granted
1 years/multiple.

Cost for 1 yr. multi is $220.00 as quoted to me on two different occasions by two different reps.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

of course u need a visa in ADVANCE or u apply for a visa approval letter online (http://www.vietnamvoa.com/)

https://www.myvietnamvisa.com/vietnam-v ... rival.html
In brief, Vietnam visa-on-arrival is a process of obtaining the letter of approval through a travel agency in Vietnam to check in at the departure airport and pick up the actual visa stamp at an international airport in Vietnam upon arrival.

There is no voa (as u have for Cambodia or Laos) for Americans

IE u cant just roll up,in fact they wont let you on the plane

cant u just stick with one thread??? :facepalm: https://cambodiaexpatsonline.com/topic10168.html
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
zmth
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by zmth »

In fact I already gave in and paid the $10 on line to an agency for the approval letter. Will probably find when I enter the airport in Vietnam I really did not need it. There was another 2nd hand post in Philippine addicts about an Australian who entered Vietnam without any visa or approval or anything and found out ' to his expense... '. Trying to get to an answer exactly what was meant by that.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

wtf"
bringing up a 2 years old thread to promote ur website>

BE GONE
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic