Automotive Paint Booth in SHV

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
Luigi
Expatriate

Automotive Paint Booth in SHV

Post by Luigi »

I see many people spraying paint along side the road but I am looking for a better solution.
I'm sure the auto dealers in PP have access but I ain't there & I ain't going.

Has anyone had any paint work done in SHV?
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Re: Automotive Paint Booth in SHV

Post by Username Taken »

Just guessing, but try Sailorman or Barang_doa_slae. They might know.
Barang_doa_slae
The Dark Horse
Cambodia

Post by Barang_doa_slae »

None as far as I know.
Actually I only saw one once, at e-garage in PP but I haven't seen any job done by them. Also it was a while back and other places must be equipped since then.
cptrelentless
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by cptrelentless »

All the paint work I've had done has been for dings and I haven't seen a proper clean room or anything. They just spray under cover. There's a place opposite Apsara Printshop.
Luigi
Expatriate

Post by Luigi »

Thanks everyone. I guess they just wait on a non windy day. Or not.
Sailorman
Expatriate

Post by Sailorman »

I have not seen a paint booth in Cambodia and/or Sihanoukville. With the crap roads, weather, rocks,dirt, etc. here I wouldn't worry about a "show' paint job. The price is right here for body/paint work. My LandMonster is currently undergoing a bare-to-metal body/paint job.

SinnSisamouth
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by SinnSisamouth »

no booths as I don't think you need them as its warm enough and they dont care about overspray
i am on these blocked lists;
pucketrichard
hotdgr
sailorman
rozzieoz
stroppychops

:fuckyou:
Sailorman
Expatriate

Post by Sailorman »

All the paint jobs I've seen here have "orange peel." (wavy imperfection) This wouldn't cut it in America, but some can be buffed out. I also haven't seen much clear-coat type paint jobs done here. Its old style enamel or lacquer. I tried to buy the two part epoxy paint here but the lady tried to sell me regular paint thinner, so I knew she didn't know what she was doing. (she had no epoxy extended.)
Fourkinnel
Expatriate
Tonga

Post by Fourkinnel »

I 've seen the 2 pack solid colour and basecoat & clear here in SHV which is Acrylic. Never seen Epoxy paint, primer yes!. There are at least 2 places with paint mixing facilities. No booths up to now. You might find the old cellulose and Nitro stuff (Knacker Lacquer) around but needs alot of work to get a good finish.
It's just good to see they are actually using primer. :wink: I was asking for metal and a plastic primer in aerosol for years. The metal one I used to get in PP. Now the big hardware shop just down from Orange mart has it.

I have a friend here who does motorbike custom work, frame welding, fabrication, 2 pack primer, custom or standard paint design using base and clear, 2 pack. You can find him in the back of Freeriders shop most days.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic