Cambodian/ Thai border at Koh Kong and Hat Lek

Thailand is Cambodia's neighbor to the West, and this forum is dedicated to Thai news, stories, reviews, blogs, videos, Thai people and anything else related to the country. A lot of expats have both lived and worked in Cambodia and Thailand, and this area is a place to discuss all aspects of life in Thailand and what's going on there. Most topics are about Bangkok and Pattaya because of their larger populations of expatriates and tourists in those cities, but this is for all things Thai.
ron100
Tourist
New Zealand

Re: Cambodian/ Thai border at Koh Kong and Hat Lek

Post by ron100 »

From what I was told it was for every one but I am on a new Zealand pp.
As I was there only for a week I never looked until some one asked how long a visa I got as I thought it was 30 days till I looked
Fourkinnel
Expatriate
Tonga

Post by Fourkinnel »

So any news on what the OP asked? I'm in SHV and would like to visit friend near Trat for 2 or 3 weeks soon. Don't want to fly to BKK!
lurcio
Expatriate
Guatemala

Post by lurcio »

Got this answer on the other forum for those who are interested.
As I live in Koh Kong I do my shopping in Trat TH.
So yesterday went as planned and at the border nothing has changed at Thai Immigration, fill in your departure form hand it in with your passport and you will get a 15 day visa.
wackyjacky
Expatriate

Post by wackyjacky »

Thai Immigration isn't the problem. If you don't have a long term visa already and are crossing a land border, I recommend that you get an Evisa. If you have a visa already and there's a big line to get processed back into Cambodia, just put $1 in your pp, open the glass door between the windows, hand it over, and they'll do you right away.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

if u want visit Thailand for 2-3 weeks it all depends on what passport u have,
if ur from a G7 country u can get a 30 day visa exempt entry,
if not , a 15 days stamp

u can get easily a thai visa good for 60 days at Anna travel or Motha travel in Shv. NO air ticket or hotel bookings required no need to go to PP
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
TheGrinchSR
Expatriate

Post by TheGrinchSR »

No issues at any Cambodian border picking up visa exempt entry into Thailand; unless it is a back-to-back visa exemption (e.g. same day re-entry to Thailand) - in that instance you will be told to sling your hook.

You may (or may not) be asked to fill in some additional paperwork (particularly if you are a single Asian male - from outside Indochina). You may (or may not) be asked for proof of funds (a credit card will do or alternatively about $1,000 in cash).
"If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever." - George Orwell
Fourkinnel
Expatriate
Tonga

Post by Fourkinnel »

:thumb: /\ /\ Thanks, the last 2 replies answers my question!
obelisks
Expatriate
Australia

Post by obelisks »

Fourkinnel wrote:So any news on what the OP asked? I'm in SHV and would like to visit friend near Trat for 2 or 3 weeks soon. Don't want to fly to BKK!
yes I am able to confirm I successfully obtained a 30 day stamp (with a British passport) and reached Kok Chang as planned :)
it was quite an uneventful process and they didn't ask for anything.
cannabistourist
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by cannabistourist »

Hello, any update on this crossing ? Thai cops still waiting on the Thai side to know if you piss purple ? Thank you.
ONLY MONKEYS THINK THAT I AM NOT LIVING IN CAMBODIA BECAUSE I USE VPNs and PROXIES.
Sorry but I do not reply to idiots, especially the old ones.
cannabistourist
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by cannabistourist »

Hello, is there anybody who knows Koh kong ? For ordinary 1 year visa extension and to get a Cambodia driving license. Is it possible ? Thanks.
ONLY MONKEYS THINK THAT I AM NOT LIVING IN CAMBODIA BECAUSE I USE VPNs and PROXIES.
Sorry but I do not reply to idiots, especially the old ones.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic