Patrick Buchanan on a Trump Doctrine (foreign policy)

Yeah, that place out 'there'. Anything not really Cambodia related should go here.
boozyoldman
Expatriate
Western Sahara

Patrick Buchanan on a Trump Doctrine (foreign policy)

Post by boozyoldman »

Good clear thinking

http://takimag.com/article/a_trump_doct ... z4Q4voJhQO

Buchanan was once a long shot for the White House himself
taabarang
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: Patrick Buchanan on a Trump Doctrine (foreign policy)

Post by taabarang »

Enough of your"tacky" tirades and tell us what you think.
As my old Cajun bait seller used to say, "I opes you luck.
boozyoldman
Expatriate
Western Sahara

Post by boozyoldman »

Trump ought to announce withdrawal from the UN and NATO and announce that every bilateral treaty is subject to renegotiation - simply give the ROK twenty warheads
and simply pull US forces out of Korea (to take one example.) And out of Japan; let Tokyo subsidize Okinawa.

Dump Puerto Rico, that dollar-swallowing irrelevance (annexed to guard the approaches to the Panama Canal) and so on.

One excellent idea: a US-Russia Joint Commission to sort out all annoying disagreements, major and minor and - a long shot this - impose a real
Israel-Palestine solution.
Sailorman
Expatriate

Post by Sailorman »

Boozyoldman: Finally someone on this forum with some brains!

America if I remember right supports the useless UN to the tune of 22%. Stop payment! Kick them out of New York (sell the property) and have them move to Africa and see if they can get toilets that work. NATO is useless and a money drain on the US. Pay up NATO nations! Korea/Japan, pay up or go it alone. (we pull out, North Korea moves in, believe me South Korea/Japan would pay up.) Puerto Rico? Give them forced independence and charge them to be protected.

Mend fences with Russia as we both have China to worry about. Don't over-trust Russia, but do some joint work together. Stop this small brush-war BS and work together to kill radical Islam. Russia has had the radical Islamic problem for a while and America turned its back on Russia and didn't help fight this new plague. Its a holy war, act like it!
Sailorman
Expatriate

Post by Sailorman »

News Flash: The head of Japan is in America to talk to President Elect Trump. Looks like he is scared Sh*tless that America will pull out and leave his wealthy country to protect itself. Put the screws to him Donald? Tell him, pay up or we walk. The same with South Korea, Canada and all the freeloading NATO countries. The new Sheriff is going to start collecting for your protection, so pay up or we walk.
kiwiincambodia
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by kiwiincambodia »

More importantly he is there to try and persuade him to not pull the TPPA, that will be a massive blow to the Japanese economy.

Not everything is about guns and war you broken record...
taabarang
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by taabarang »

"The new Sheriff is going to start collecting for your protection, so pay up or we will walk.". Protecting those countries is subsidiary to our primary objective which Is to form a protective shield around China, I.e. to protect us. For an ex-military man you don't know much about the objectives of strategy. Probably due to no need to know in the Coast Guard.
Sailorman
Expatriate

Post by Sailorman »

America has aircraft-carriers, subs with cruise and nuke missiles, long range bombs with refueling, and ICBMs. The America tax payer doesn't need to pay for protecting your ass and that of your family any more. Pay up, or we walk. China? Their military stuff is crap! They built a jet fighter that is such a POS, that their air force won't even buy it. All they have is nukes and people to burn, but then they couldn't sell they cheap crap to America. Very bad for business to nuke your customer.

TAAB: As a person who never served his country, you have nothing to say about military service. You never gave up years of your life protecting the people of your country, I did, so go pound sand. Get over it, Trump won and yes we are in a protection racket, so pay up!
taabarang
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by taabarang »

Well, again you happen to be wrong about my citizenship and military service. I am an American who served in the US Army over six years. You need to believe what you do because you are a frightened individual who cannot be bothered with the truth.
cptrelentless
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by cptrelentless »

Erm, what are you going to do about China, eh? Or anyone else, for that?
According to the Treasury, the largest foreign holder of U.S. debt is China, which owns more than $1.24 trillion in bills, notes, and bonds or about 30% of the over $4 trillion in Treasury bills, notes, and bonds held by foreign countries.
It's probably from some LIE-beral media bullshit so why bother posting a link?

EDIT: I forgot to add this:
China is especially attracted to U.S. bills, notes, and bonds due to our annual $350 billion trade deficit we have with them.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic