Cambodia's First Post-Khmer Rouge Prime Minister Dies at 80

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

By THE ASSOCIATED PRESSOCT. 30, 2016, 4:45 A.M. E.D.T.

PHNOM PEHN, Cambodia — Former Cambodian Prime Minister Pen Sovann, who was installed then imprisoned by the Vietnamese after they defeated the brutal Khmer Rouge regime, has died. He was 80.

full-story......http://www.nytimes.com/aponline/2016/10 ... world&_r=0
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Re: Cambodia's First Post-Khmer Rouge Prime Minister Dies at 80

Post by General Mackevili »

Wow. Sounds like he was in the hospital over a year before his death today:

https://cambodiaexpatsonline.com/newswor ... t5764.html
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

General Mackevili[b] wrote:Wow. Sounds like he was in the hospital over a year before his death today:

[/b]https://cambodiaexpatsonline.com/newswor ... t5764.html

Wow, I wonder [ in the kingdom of wonder ] how much that cost for one year of staying in hospital.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Phnom Penh, Cambodia: An American expat, Jimmy Lorencillo from San Francisco, California, has died in Calmette Hospital from alcohol related liver and kidney failure at the very young age of 34.

He was admitted to Calmette Hospital on October 19, and put in ICU, costing $600 a day.
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

Poetic quote from the deceased.( Phnom Penh Post.)
Cambodian politics has the head of a chicken and the arse of a duck. They speak about democracy and multiple political parties, but they practise communist ways.
Former Prime Minister Pen Sovann, who died on Saturday at age 80
vng
Expatriate

Post by vng »

Kem Ley shot everybody lost their mind, Pen Sovan dies nobody give a shit. I bet aint nobody know who the fuck he was.
:beer:
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Pen Sovann, Former Prime Minister, Dead at 80

by Ben Sokhean and Zsombor Peter | October 31, 2016 | អានជាភាសាខ្មែរ

Pen Sovann, Cambodia’s first prime minister after the Khmer Rouge and to some a “father” of the rebel forces that helped topple them, died on Saturday at the age of 80 after a storied if rocky political life.

In a statement on Sunday, the opposition CNRP, which he joined in 2012, said he died at his home in Takeo province just after 7 p.m. on Saturday following a long fight with high blood pressure and diabetes. He suffered a stroke last year that left the right side of his body paralyzed.

full-story...https://www.cambodiadaily.com/news/pen- ... 80-119936/
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

vng wrote:Kem Ley shot everybody lost their mind, Pen Sovan dies nobody give a shit. I bet aint nobody know who the fuck he was.
No mater what, Everyone knows what he is now.

Ashes to ashes, dust to dust,
?
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

vng wrote:Kem Ley shot everybody lost their mind, Pen Sovan dies nobody give a shit. I bet aint nobody know who the fuck he was.

One was shot, the other died after a long illness and at an old age. No comparison. I knew exactly who he was too. Do you know who Chan Si was?
Silence, exile, and cunning.
vng
Expatriate

Post by vng »

John Bingham wrote:

One was shot, the other died after a long illness and at an old age. No comparison. I knew exactly who he was too. Do you know who Chan Si was?
Chan Si dies on 84 in Moscow, succeed by HE
:beer:
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic