Opening game room ?

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
chiconacho
Tourist

Opening game room ?

Post by chiconacho »

Hi, what do you thing about opening video game room ?

All the price is for a new stuff. we could also choose to buy second hand stuff.

So the plan will be to rent a shop around 400 or 500 $ per month with electricity.

Buy 5 ps4 at 300dollars = 1500 dollars

Buy 5 tv at 200dollars = 1000 dollars

5 more controlers = 300 dollars

900 dollars of game

buy 7 sofa cheap ( i don t know the price )

buy tv furniture\

pay fridge, paint etc...

Make it good inside and serve beer for 1$ and other soft drinks

So the plan will be to make it for 5$ an hour for 1 personn, 8$ for 2 personn for an hour, then special price for bigger groups.

If we plan that 10 single personn come per day we can make 50 dollars a day so 1500 monthly.

It s just an idea, i never went to cambodia, maybe it s very stupid bad idea but i just ask! don t critic and let me know. thanks
Bitte_Kein_Lexus
Expatriate

Re: Opening game room ?

Post by Bitte_Kein_Lexus »

A friend tried it and it didn't work out. Remember that Khmers don't play the same games as Westerners, and even the rich aren't prepared to pay that much per hour. A computer LAN/game room would work, but the competition is stiff.
Ex Bitteeinbit/LexusSchmexus
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

They banned spacey arcades a while back didn't they because they were corrupting the youth, making them skip school and get involved in drug use
:facepalm:
hanno
Expatriate
Germany

Post by hanno »

You are not alex22 by any chance?
chiconacho
Tourist

Post by chiconacho »

yeah, computer is hard, more expensive, need very good connection and stuff.
chiconacho
Tourist

Post by chiconacho »

No more answer ? i don t think 5 dollars is really expensive. So many people like to play games but they cant buy it. If the gaming room is making good and cordial there is maybe a chance to work out. They can also spend 5 dollars for a glass of vodka but this one will be done in 2minutes !!!! let s see when i will be in cambodia. And if its shit idea let me know what business could work.
hanno
Expatriate
Germany

Post by hanno »

Who are you targeting? No way people will pay USD 5.00 an hour here for gaming. Games are NOT expensive and most of the stuff is pirated.

People who pay USD 5 for a Vodka (actually, more like USD 1.50) are surely not your targeted clientele.

I really think you are alex22, or his brother, the same hare-brained schemes without having a clue.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic