Pattaya is number one.

Thailand is Cambodia's neighbor to the West, and this forum is dedicated to Thai news, stories, reviews, blogs, videos, Thai people and anything else related to the country. A lot of expats have both lived and worked in Cambodia and Thailand, and this area is a place to discuss all aspects of life in Thailand and what's going on there. Most topics are about Bangkok and Pattaya because of their larger populations of expatriates and tourists in those cities, but this is for all things Thai.
obelisks
Expatriate
Australia

Re: Pattaya is number one.

Post by obelisks »

Sailorman wrote:BTW/ Prostitution in Las Vegas is illegal. In Nevada it is done by county. The county that Las Vegas is in its illegal,(got to keep those suckers feeding the slot machines), but Pahrump next door to Las Vegas has legal brothels that are expensive. Pahrump also was the home of Art Bell's "Coast to Coast" radio talk show. Not much else out there as its hot desert.

I wonder if the Mustang Ranch is still going? in the 70s they had red painted arrows on boulders along the roadside and that was the only way of knowing how to get there!.
Bertros
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Bertros »

obelisks wrote:
Sailorman wrote:BTW/ Prostitution in Las Vegas is illegal. In Nevada it is done by county. The county that Las Vegas is in its illegal,(got to keep those suckers feeding the slot machines), but Pahrump next door to Las Vegas has legal brothels that are expensive. Pahrump also was the home of Art Bell's "Coast to Coast" radio talk show. Not much else out there as its hot desert.

I wonder if the Mustang Ranch is still going? in the 70s they had red painted arrows on boulders along the roadside and that was the only way of knowing how to get there!.
pretty sure it's shut down right now. the original owner (joe Conforte) had some gov't type issues (IRS, and others) and it was taken by the gov't and sold at an auction some years ago. It's just a wee bit east of Reno, nv (off highway 80) although in storey county, reno is in washoe county where such things are illegal (per se). There are some brothel's just south east of reno and just a bit north east of carson city (the capital) (carson city and reno are about 30 miles apart). Carson city isn't in a county, it's what known as an 'independent city' and, again, such activities are illegal there. to get to the 'houses', just take highway 50 NE out of carson city towards Mound House. plenty of signs to guide you.

not been there my self though, they can be quite expensive, (from what I hear).

for more info, go here: http://carsonnow.org/

and search 'brothel' it's the local rag, makes for some interesting reading. (if you're interested)

cheers

Bertros :hattip:
A taste of the bait is worth the pain of the hook.....
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

stopped at the mustang ranch back in the early 70's on one of my cross country road trips.
it was $25 as i recall, the rooms are merely trailers where the girls would stay for a few weeks at a time.
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic