L Bar: Come as You Are. New bar for lesbians.

This is the part of the forum where we discuss Cambodia's nightlife! While most bars, nightclubs, pubs, beer gardens, and hostess bars are in Phnom Penh, we discuss the Cambodian nightlife across all of Cambodia, including Siem Reap, Kampot, and Sihanoukville. The main nightlife areas in Phnom Penh are on Street 136, Street 130, Street 110 and Street 51, but there are other party spots that aren't girlie bars where expats, tourists, and locals drink until the sun comes up. Feel free to post specials and promotions that relate to nighttime fun!
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

L Bar: Come as You Are. New bar for lesbians.

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

The L-Bar, a new lesbian bar, is a recent addition to Phnom Penh's social scene.
Well done ladies. Lots of positive ideas to encourage and support others. Good luck to you. :hattip:

L Bar: Come as You Are.

Eugenie Thibaudier’s words spill out of her like a sack of rice split clear down the middle. Her bright eyes are teeming with excitement as her lips spew a seemingly endless list of potential opportunities on the horizon at L Bar — the city’s sole lesbian establishment.

“We thought if we’re the first and only lesbian bar we can make much more out of this…we started with OK let’s have a variety of books — all with gay, lesbian, feminism— actually we could sell some clothes too because it’s so hard to find unisex clothes. Then we thought, we have a space upstairs, we can have a gallery, we can have workshops. Let’s do a movie screening, let’s do a spoken word, it all just evolved.”

While a bar still presents obstacles for local women who, if unmarried, traditionally live at home with their parents and might have difficulty explaining the reasons behind their evening adventures — in casting a wider net, L Bar: Movies, Art, Shop, is much more inviting. The two owners hope to focus specifically on issues affecting local lesbians through a series of workshops to be held in Khmer with English translation. From discussions on human rights and sexual health to art and poetry, the women hope to execute a dialogue with the help of local NGOs that are well-versed on the issues hitting the LGBT community the hardest — among them suicide...
http://www.khmertimeskh.com/news/30778/ ... s-you-are/
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: L Bar: Come as You Are. New bar for lesbians.

Post by John Bingham »

CEOCambodiaNews wrote:
Eugenie Thibaudier’s words spill out of her like a sack of rice split clear down the middle.
Jeez, who writes this shit? It all sounds like a pipe-dream, it's more likely the place will have a few ugly butch dykes propping up the bar ad getting into regular punch-ups over girlfriends.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
bolueeleh
Expatriate

Post by bolueeleh »

John Bingham wrote:
CEOCambodiaNews wrote:
Eugenie Thibaudier’s words spill out of her like a sack of rice split clear down the middle.
Jeez, who writes this shit? It all sounds like a pipe-dream, it's more likely the place will have a few ugly butch dykes propping up the bar ad getting into regular punch-ups over girlfriends.
i like lesbo catfight, they are like cat fighting who just stepped out of the dryer :stir:
Money is not the problem, the problem is no money
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

I hear that Nike is canning its line of runners, called Dikes, designed for lesbians.
Apparently the 'tongue' isn't long enough.

If you type the word 'tongue' you get tongue. :facepalm:
Kuroneko
Expatriate

Post by Kuroneko »

Username Taken wrote:I hear that Nike is canning its line of runners, called Dikes, designed for lesbians.

:lol: I had that same problem with lurker I mean "lurker" :BangHead:
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

Kuroneko wrote:
Username Taken wrote:I hear that Nike is canning its line of runners, called Dikes, designed for lesbians.

:lol: I had that same problem with lurker I mean "lurker" :BangHead:
the most annoying one is that : P is now a :P
wait i mean ; ) is now ;)
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
cptrelentless
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by cptrelentless »

I don't know about you guys but every lesbian I have met has been clearly obvious, including the ones here. I'm not sure what family wouldn't know. If you're a pretend lesbian I'm not sure a hard-core wimmins rights dyke bar is going to be appealing.
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

I went there tonight and met my first real live lesbian.
I asked her what it meant to be a lesbian, and she told me that she 'likes to eat pussy'.
I said, 'Yeah. . . . and?'
She said, that's it.
I got up, rang the bell at the bar and bought everyone a drink, while proudly announcing that I'm a lesbian too!!
bolueeleh
Expatriate

Post by bolueeleh »

it gives you throat cancer :ROFL:
Money is not the problem, the problem is no money
ThePrimeMinister
Expatriate

Post by ThePrimeMinister »

Good cocktails there actually.
Can you dig it?!?!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic