Discos/KTVs in SHV (places and special events)

This is the part of the forum where we discuss Cambodia's nightlife! While most bars, nightclubs, pubs, beer gardens, and hostess bars are in Phnom Penh, we discuss the Cambodian nightlife across all of Cambodia, including Siem Reap, Kampot, and Sihanoukville. The main nightlife areas in Phnom Penh are on Street 136, Street 130, Street 110 and Street 51, but there are other party spots that aren't girlie bars where expats, tourists, and locals drink until the sun comes up. Feel free to post specials and promotions that relate to nighttime fun!
Raybull
Expatriate

Re: Discos/KTVs in SHV (places and special events)

Post by Raybull »

Taboo has upped the Asahi ante for tonite!
Tuborg concert was a one off night.
bolueeleh
Expatriate

Post by bolueeleh »

went to taboo and LV yesterday night as well, both clubs was packed, didnt stay long, as i have no ears for cambo electronic music :beer1:
Money is not the problem, the problem is no money
cptrelentless
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by cptrelentless »

The fricken laser beams in LV do a number on my eyes. If you are dragged to the KTV with your missus I prefer King Pharaoh. Biggest English selection I have found. City Gold has a fairly shit selection unless you want new chart toppers
Sailorman
Expatriate

Post by Sailorman »

My Cambodian friends won't allow me to go to LV, as they say there are too many "gangsters" there. I usually listen to them as they own business's here and are straight up people. Been to a couple KTV's with my Cambodian friends. They had a great time singing and playing with the girls, but I found it very boring. Guess you had to grow up around it.
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

got to admit i am a fan of LV, avoid tuesdays though, its dead and they play shit music
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
cptrelentless
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by cptrelentless »

I guess it's pertinent to this thread, there's an amusing shitstorm brewing between the Led Zephyr and Taboo on the Expats page:
Andy Jopson
9 October at 18:41
I'm putting together a complaint to the government about the noisy loud music coming from the Taboo bar in Ochheauteal after 12pm until 4-5am. If any hotel owners would like to support it then let me know and I'll come round so you can add your business to the list.
Christian Strohl Good evening Mr Andy Jopson as head of TABOO i put myself at your disposition and the gouvernement for any control concerning safety and nuisance so i ask you to authorize control of this commission in your etablissement concerning hygiene of rules and security of your bar,kitchen,restaurant without forgetting your bungalows which are not naturally good with current standards ... Best cris
https://www.facebook.com/groups/sihanoukvilleexpats/
Raybull
Expatriate

Post by Raybull »

cptrelentless wrote:I guess it's pertinent to this thread, there's an amusing shitstorm brewing between the Led Zephyr and Taboo on the Expats page:
Andy Jopson
9 October at 18:41
I'm putting together a complaint to the government about the noisy loud music coming from the Taboo bar in Ochheauteal after 12pm until 4-5am. If any hotel owners would like to support it then let me know and I'll come round so you can add your business to the list.
Christian Strohl Good evening Mr Andy Jopson as head of TABOO i put myself at your disposition and the gouvernement for any control concerning safety and nuisance so i ask you to authorize control of this commission in your etablissement concerning hygiene of rules and security of your bar,kitchen,restaurant without forgetting your bungalows which are not naturally good with current standards ... Best cris
https://www.facebook.com/groups/sihanoukvilleexpats/
Problem is Taboo has a lot of front windows and weak soundproofing. It's probably more apparent in the low season when things quiet down early elsewhere.
bolueeleh
Expatriate

Post by bolueeleh »

any businessman who opens any guesthouse or hotel in serendipity should not complain abt noise, they shld alr know what they r getting into when they rent the location in serendipity
Money is not the problem, the problem is no money
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
Seasquatch
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Seasquatch »

Jamie_Lambo wrote:
Raybull wrote: Image
Here is DJ Tiara talking about her upcoming LV appearance in Cambodia

She certainly has some lovely assets.
------
aka Yankee Gringo Gaijin aka Seppy Yank
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic