ABA Bank

Whether you're a working stiff or a business owner yourself, this is the place to discuss all aspects of financing your drinking habit ;-)

NO BUSINESS SALES HERE PLEASE, WE HAVE A SECTION FOR THAT IN THE CLASSIFIEDS.
khmerre
Expatriate

Re: ABA Bank

Post by khmerre »

Popeye wrote:I have the app, but using it, somewhere along the process you are sent an SMS to verify that it is you. Now a long time ago I changed my phone number so not able to use this service. Have notified ABA Bank 5 times of change of number, but still has not happened !!!! Fuck em.
thanks then is useless for me, that I need to use sometime from abroad
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

^ Use their internet banking with crypto card.
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

their App is great
going to start sending my money over from England to ABA, just waiting in hope the exchange rate improves a bit :(
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
Michael2002
Expatriate

Post by Michael2002 »

Im also waiting but transfer the other way . Hoping the GBP drops more . Jamie Lambo ,, Are you using the bank to bank or a foreign currency service ? I hear its a lot better rate than the banks give .
khmerre
Expatriate

Post by khmerre »

PSD-Kiwi wrote:^ Use their internet banking with crypto card.

thanks

is the crypto card free ?

can you through the internet banking to use the possibility for another person to withdraw money from ABA atm through the using of the one-time code ?
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

Michael2002 wrote:Im also waiting but transfer the other way . Hoping the GBP drops more . Jamie Lambo ,, Are you using the bank to bank or a foreign currency service ? I hear its a lot better rate than the banks give .
leave the GBP alone its battered and bruised enough as it is!! :cry:

i use an English foreign currency service, much better rate than the bank

[edit] after just looking at the forecast id best get my money transferd this year as next years outlook looks bleak!
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
bolueeleh
Expatriate

Post by bolueeleh »

yep better exchange GBP before the brexit talks starts
Money is not the problem, the problem is no money
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

ABA to build 11 new branch offices
15 March 2018
ABA Bank, a member of the National Bank of Canada Group, is planning a new expansion in the kingdom, eyeing to raise 11 new branch offices by the end of this year.

Speaking during the relaunch of the bank’s head office yesterday, Askhat Azhikhanov, ABA’s CEO, said they are aiming to add 11 new branches to its existing 55.

He said the bank’s total assets have reached $1.8 billion, which makes ABA the fourth largest banking institution in Cambodia.

In 2014, the National Bank of Canada acquired 10 percent of ABA’s shares, and in 2016 it became a majority shareholder with a 90 percent stake.
http://www.khmertimeskh.com/114089/aba- ... h-offices/
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

ABA the ‘Best Bank in Cambodia 2018’ according to Global Finance magazine
Posted on: April 26, 2018 | Cambodia

Global Finance, international financial magazine, has praised ABA Bank as the “Best Bank in Cambodia 2018” during its 25th Annual Best Bank Awards. This recognition marks the fourth consecutive time for ABA to receive the top award from this prominent financial publication

For this top award, Global Finance has objectively evaluated the bank in several key areas including growth in assets, profitability, geographic coverage, strategic relationships, new business development, and innovation in products. In addition to these objective criteria, opinions of equity analysts, credit rating analysts, banking consultants, and others involved in the industry were included in the selection process as part of the subjective criteria.

“We are honoured for being recognised by Global Finance magazine for the fourth time in a row. We see it as an endorsement to our professional excellence, our effort to improve financial inclusion in Cambodia, and our commitment to always deliver quality service and innovative financial solutions to our valued customers,” Askhat Azhikhanov, chief executive officer of ABA Bank commented on the occasion. “We will continue our work to be the banking partner and the digitally-driven financial solution provider to individuals, entrepreneurs, and businesses in Cambodia,” he added.

The Best Bank Awards ceremony will be held in conjunction with the IMF/World Bank Annual Meetings on 13 October in Bali, Indonesia. The complete list of Global Finance’s Best Bank awardees in 2018 will be published in the magazine’s May issue.
http://sea-globe.com/aba-best-bank-in-c ... -magazine/
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

ABA named ‘Best Bank’ by Euromoney for fifth consecutive year
July 23, 2018
ABA Bank, a member of the National Bank of Canada Group, is on the “right track” after winning the ‘Best Bank in Cambodia’ award for the fifth time in a row, said CEO Askhat Azhikhanov.

The prestigious award is given by the influential financial publication Euromoney. This year’s awards ceremony was held at the JW Marriott hotel in Hong Kong on July 18.

“We are grateful to receive such top honour from a respected publication in the financial world.

“As this is the fifth time we were named the best bank in Cambodia, it certainly signifies that ABA is on the right track when it comes to providing modern and customer-centric products to Cambodian people and businesses as well as in improving financial inclusion in the country,” Mr Azhikhanov said.

Founded in 1996, ABA’s assets now surpass $2 billion, which makes it the fourth largest bank in Cambodia.

Clive Horwood, editor of Euromoney magazine said: “ABA continues to be the leader in Cambodian banking and was rewarded with a 59 percent year-on-year increase in profit in 2017, reaching $46.19 million. Moreover, its return on equity stands at 28.1 percent.

“Backing from the major shareholder National Bank of Canada continues to bear fruit in guiding best practice...
https://www.khmertimeskh.com/50514419/a ... tive-year/

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic