American chef for hire (Sihanoukville)

This is our job board for expats. Until ZipRecruiter and Indeed make their way to the Kingdom of Wonder, this is the best place to look for employment in Cambodia, whether you're looking to teach English, manage a 5-star hotel, volunteer, or even work for some of the big NGOs. Even digital nomads who move to Cambodia sometimes need a side gig as a TEFL instructor from time to time. Most professional expatriate jobs are in Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap and Kampot are emerging as attractive alternatives. If you're an employer or hiring manager, you're also welcome to post your job listing here for free.
SnookyRookies
Tourist

American chef for hire (Sihanoukville)

Post by SnookyRookies »

If you are starting a new restaurant in Sihanoukville or have old one that needs new life breathed into it... If you want to serve the best western food in town, whether it is incredible baked Mac'n cheese and Chili to die for... or seared duck breast with parsnip puree and rum reduction- I can give your restaurant that level of flair which will put you on the map and have customers lining up for more.

My main condition is that I will ONLY work in a kitchen which I would not be afraid eat out of myself. Also I refuse to serve food which is not excellent. If your goal is to sell mediocre food because "tourists dont know the difference" then look elsewhere. I can make simple, cheap ingredients something world class- but turning great ingredients into forgettable food offends me.

Starting salary is negotiable, and could partially be paid in meals at the beginning- but to keep me and my recipe's you will need to share the wealth as your business rapidly expands.
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: American chef for hire (Sihanoukville)

Post by frank lee bent »

i think cookies and pies would go down very well there
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

once again
24 hour breakfast
IHOP
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

Hi chef,

I don't know if you've checked out the Sihanoukville expat facebook pages yet? There are a few : SV Forum, SV Expats and locals, SV Sell and Buy, and SV Dining(or something like that, can't remember exactly) where you can put your For Hire ad, and also see which places are hiring around town. Also look at places that are opening or reopening for high season that might be looking for staff.
There's usually a biggish turnover in staff about now - moving from low to high season, so it could be a good time to get in there before the summer drifters arrive. Hang out a bit and give people your phone n°, spread the word that you're looking for a job. Be charming and they will remember you when their chef walks out the door or burns down the kitchen. :)

I don't need to tell you to be wary when people want/need you to invest your money to "refloat the business until the high season kicks off", right ?

Shame that you've already rented a place to live - means you can't really relocate to the islands or to Otres - but there's plenty of places in town.

Good luck, and don't pay too much attention to some of the posters here who have ODed on advice about pizzas. (Don't ask. There is an obsession about pizzas which takes over from time to time.) And don't take anything personally.
Let us know how you get on.
Enjoy. :beer3: AM
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic