We need your support, Freelance Interpreter and Translator

This is our job board for expats. Until ZipRecruiter and Indeed make their way to the Kingdom of Wonder, this is the best place to look for employment in Cambodia, whether you're looking to teach English, manage a 5-star hotel, volunteer, or even work for some of the big NGOs. Even digital nomads who move to Cambodia sometimes need a side gig as a TEFL instructor from time to time. Most professional expatriate jobs are in Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap and Kampot are emerging as attractive alternatives. If you're an employer or hiring manager, you're also welcome to post your job listing here for free.
Samouth
Expatriate
Burundi

Post by Samouth »

After having helped a few of my foreign friends dealing with language barrier, pretty much I was their interpreter once they needed something to be done that has to do with Cambodian, government officials who barely could speak English, I came up with a business idea.

Lucky enough, I mentioned that Idea to little salary or little moon and she was interested to join me to give it a try. So far, we are providing interpretation and translation service in English language.

I know that many of posters here are retiree and just enjoy life in Cambodia. However, I believe there might be some posters and lurkers who are currently working in Cambodia that somehow might need this kind of service.

There are ton of translation companies in Phnom Penh, however from what I know, most of the companies charge really expensive for the services. We would try to offer really competitive price, something that below the market price as we don’t have to hire staff and pay for the office.

However, since I have a full time job, I don’t think I have much free time to do this, but little salary has more free time. Therefore, little salary would spend more time than me running this.

If this goes well, we would consider extending our services with visa extension and real estate.

Please PM for further information. Since it is an open forum, we can’t put our personal contact details for the sake of forum anonymity.
បើសិនធ្វើចេះ ចេះឲ្យគេកោត បើសិនធ្វើឆោត ឆោតឲ្យគេអាណិត។

If you know a lot, know enough to make them respect you, if you are stupid, be stupid enough so they can pity you.
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: We need your support, Freelance Interpreter and Translator

Post by frank lee bent »

check your pm
Samouth
Expatriate
Burundi

Post by Samouth »

Replied.

If you know a lot, know enough to make them respect you, if you are stupid, be stupid enough so they can pity you.
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

Is Little Salary available for a translation job tonight?

Kiwiincambodia wants to go to a few girlie bars tonight and needs a translator.
Rama
Expatriate

Post by Rama »

Good luck Samouth and little salary.
Samouth
Expatriate
Burundi

Post by Samouth »

Rama wrote:Good luck Samouth and little salary.
Thanks.

bolueeleh
Expatriate

Post by bolueeleh »

translator services on legal document need to have a guarantee clauses stating that the translation is true and correct in the courts, if there is any mis translation, the company will be held responsible and will be liable for civil suit, if your service cant provide this clause then it is mostly useless in the commercial sector. thanks
Money is not the problem, the problem is no money
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by frank lee bent »

excellent point
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic