Life Journey of KTV Girls

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Phnom Penh: Many people know what the Karaoke is; however this Karaoke term related to producers, actors and actresses and singers. They are famous people and regularly appear on TV. However, for those who work in KTV don’t want to show their publicly or allow anyone knowing that they work in the KTV.

They have different life fate. Some people are succeeded in their lives and some faced different problems. Two KTV workers who encountered different life problems and experienced different struggles working as KTV girl in Phnom Penh city revealed their experiences with reporter.

Names are given by reporter to protect their identity. They both have experienced with many stories and encountered many obstacles. If they didn’t solve them with smart solution they would have walked on a wrong way, losing reputation, plus those solutions must not against the law.

Mey Mey has been working in the KTV place about more than 2 years. She said, she doesn’t take salary from the owner of the Karaoke for working there.
She said, “If I work as a full time staff in the KTV, when I take day off the owner will cut my salary from 5 to 10 dollar per day, that’s why I don’t take the salary”. I can come to work on any day depending on me because I only expect to get tips from customers”.

During that day I stay at home looking after my kid. My daughter is 4 years old now and when my daughter asked me where do you go during night time? I don’t tell her the truth, only telling her that I go to work. I have never told her about my job. Because the expense is high, so during the day, I go to help people in the market selling stuff and then at night time I go to get make up. I spend 15000 to 20000 riel for makeup. Adding that, sometime spending money for makeup and if it is a lucky day, customers give more tips and sometime I ends up getting nothing.

Mey Mey said, “In some night, customer made her drink more and she felt sick the next morning. Even she needed coining and cupping, she still had to go to work. Otherwise, she would earn no money for daily expense and paying the rent”.

Nari, a different KTV girl, decided to work in the KTV in order to earn money to support her parents. She has been working in the KTV place since she was 15 years old. At first living in Phnom Penh, she worked in a garment factory near Po Chen Tong. She came with a woman whose house near hers. After two years of working in the factory, Nary became really sick. So, she had to quit her job in order to get treatment for a while. After that, Nary went back to work in the garment factory.

After coming back to work in the factory about a year, Nary’s friend who also worked in the factory with Nary called her to work in Karaoke place or KTV in Toul Kork area.
Nary said, the reason that she decided to work in the KTV because she saw that people who work there have enough money and they even mange to send money home. That’s why she decided to work there as she wanted to send money home to her parents.

Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
bolueeleh
Expatriate

Re: Life Journey of KTV Girls

Post by bolueeleh »

what is the point of this article? theres 1 million excuses why they do it but only 1 common reason
Money is not the problem, the problem is no money
mammothboy2
Expatriate

Post by mammothboy2 »

THE GHOST OF MOTHER THERESA THE ALBANIAN SAYS:

May all the Spirits and Deities watch over and bless the KTV babes, the Beer Garden Girls and (maybe) even the
play-for-pay ladyboys in PP, SR and elsewhere ...

{says one who one had a close friendship with a Becks Beer lady}
prahkeitouj
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by prahkeitouj »

I used to think being a ktv or bar girls will earn more money and fun job, but when I went there and saw various customers, I guess it's a boring job.
កុំស្លាប់ដូចពស់ កុំរស់ដូចកង្កែប
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

prahkeitouj wrote:I used to think being a ktv or bar girls will earn more money and fun job, but when I went there and saw various customers, I guess it's a boring job.
yes very boring, espesh in the low season
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
Raybull
Expatriate

Post by Raybull »

But,...but...Ktvs don't have a low season. :evil:
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

February 9, 2018
Pregnancy tests and forced abortions reveal the darker side of KTV
Cambodia’s popular KTVs, or karaoke clubs, are in almost every town in the kingdom. They are known as places frequented mainly by men, who go there to drink, sing and be entertained by the attractive hostesses. But there is a dark side to these neon-lit clubs.

Life is a struggle for the mostly poor workers trying to make enough money to support themselves and their families, but considered to be prostitutes by wider society.

The women’s jobs depend on enticing men into the clubs. As such, pregnancy is not an option and many say they have been forced or chosen to have abortions to keep their incomes...
http://www.khmertimeskh.com/50107469/pr ... -side-ktv/
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
pczz
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by pczz »

bolueeleh wrote: Tue Sep 06, 2016 8:24 am what is the point of this article? theres 1 million excuses why they do it but only 1 common reason
"1 million excuses why they do it but only 1 common reason"
Same applies to the customers and it isn't out of respect for women. My favorite pervert excuse is " I am supporting the girls family"
shlomo
Expatriate
Barbados

Post by shlomo »

bolueeleh wrote: Tue Sep 06, 2016 8:24 am theres 1 million excuses why they do it but only 1 common reason
Lambo's tube-steak?
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

shlomo wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2018 11:42 am
bolueeleh wrote: Tue Sep 06, 2016 8:24 am theres 1 million excuses why they do it but only 1 common reason
Lambo's tube-steak?
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic