Train to snooky

Do you have a Cambodian trip report you want to share? Post it here, and feel free to link to your blog if it's a travel blog for Cambodia, South East Asia, or anywhere really. You can ask and answer questions about travel advice in Cambodia or just share your pictures and videos with us. Most people who live in or visit Cambodia have also checked out nearby countries like Vietnam, Thailand, Laos, Myanmar, Malaysia, Indonesia and the Philippines, and you can get to most of these countries by traveling overland, so put any travel plans, reviews or questions here. Discussions about dirt bike trails in here as well.
Bertros
Expatriate
United States of America

Train to snooky

Post by Bertros »

Good People,

I've read some about the train service from PP to snooky. thought I might head to snooky for a couple of days and take the train at least one way. Takes a bit longer then a shuttle van but night be an interesting trip. if anyone's done it and has info/ideas about ticket, seating, best days to travel, etc. I'd appreciate it.

cheers

Bertros :hattip:
A taste of the bait is worth the pain of the hook.....
Bertros
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: Train to snooky

Post by Bertros »

appreciate the effort but I got the google thing down pat. was wondering more if someone had actually done it and could give any advice (like do you really need to buy ticket 2 days before, what sort of show up time is required, any security to go through, are there different classes, etc?). I figure it's prolly not a big deal, just thought if someone had done it, they might share what it was like. heck, maybe it's not worth it as it does take a couple hours longer than the shuttle.

cheers

timmydownawell
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by timmydownawell »

Apparently the train does sell out so make sure you book in advance. They only sell as many tickets as they have seats, so it's not like India.

It's on my agenda. Was going to take it to or from SV but ended up changing my plans that time.
You must walk in traffic to cross the road - Cambodian proverb
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by frank lee bent »

if you bothered to actually read the links i posted, the answers to all your questions are there.
the first link is from one of the members here who did indeed take the trip, the link is his account of the journey..
i did not get the links from google, the site and the fb group are mine.
a public service for those who are interested in the subject.
Bertros
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Bertros »

frank lee bent wrote:if you bothered to actually read the links i posted, the answers to all your questions are there.
the first link is from one of the members here who did indeed take the trip, the link is his account of the journey..
i did not get the links from google, the site and the fb group are mine.
a public service for those who are interested in the subject.

cheers

Luigi
Expatriate

Post by Luigi »

Don't stick your head out the windows. Here to serve.
Sailorman
Expatriate

Post by Sailorman »

I did the R/T train from Snooky to Kampot. Two and a half hours each way and loved it. Just enough time to get tired of looking at rice fields, then a couple hours in Kampot for lunch and back on the train. I actually liked the non-aircon over the aircon car. The top of the line aircon car has you setting so you can't really see out.
timmydownawell
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by timmydownawell »

I believe they are all aircon now.
You must walk in traffic to cross the road - Cambodian proverb
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

Sailorman wrote:I did the R/T train from Snooky to Kampot. Two and a half hours each way and loved it. Just enough time to get tired of looking at rice fields, then a couple hours in Kampot for lunch and back on the train. I actually liked the non-aircon over the aircon car. The top of the line aircon car has you setting so you can't really see out.
Next time just look at the women planting rice in the rice fields, and it should not be so boring.
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic