I just arrived in Phnom Penh

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Re: RE: Re: I just arrived in Phnom Penh

Post by General Mackevili »

Newbieneedshelp wrote:Oh ? You think im lying about it? If that 's the case then this will be the last post by me.

The lady with the baby and the boys approached me in the same street as a bar 136 only down towards the water near the Grand Waterfront hotel.

Im sorry that every new poster has to appear to be a troll.

I dont have time to sit in my hotel room on my ipad writing made up stories.

I only asked you all because i had no idea how to approach that situations regarding the kids.

Retarrded waitress you claim there are no kids in this area, i will meet you tonight if you want and show you this area where i was approached, im staying at the Grand Waterfront hotel, im from New Zealand , i have nothing to troll or hide.

This will be my last post, i may post on another one for advice, i guess after living here in Cambodia you begin to lose your trust in peole, i have lost it after 3 days of being here so i dont blame you , however i am deeply offended.

And to the Mods i was not trolling, im here in PP and Im by myself so needed advice.

I didnt know how to react to that situation with the young boys jumping inside the tuk tuk and pinching me , i know it sounds funny but i didnt know what to do and all i did was ask you your advice,but im accussed of being a troll.

If you want I have no priblem in meeting anyone so if anyone wants to see where i was last night its in the same street as the Grand waterfront near 136 only down the end.
Im willing to meet up in fact i would rather have a farang tour guide so many if anyone is interested for a fair price can you contact me by private mail as this will be my last post, im not going to be belittled or abused on here.

But you retarded waitress never saw any kids accirding to you so never happened ?

Ok And thankyiu by the way for the exnet taxi , i ordered last night along with your code so got a disciunt and nice driver, i hope the guy who gave us ) was it you General?) discount code gets his disciunt too because I used your code, if you dont just private message me in here and I can give you the details of my booking etc., they sent me a receipt by email.

As for poster Bertros, i notice you have only 5 posts, it says you are a tourist, are you in Phonmnm Penh now so you can tell me im a liar, im staying at the Grand Waterfront and I can meet you outside .i bet your not even in PP Bertros!
And yiur 5 posts will just go to 10 and you"ll disapear !
Anither guy who hides behind a keyboard Bertros.

Thankyou to all who helped me Jamie, General Macveli, mark d and a few others.

So rather than hide behind your keyboard and be warriors why dont you meet me and you can say im a liar to my face, i dint mind , i will show you where this wiman and another man are who are running ariund holding a baby begging for money.
But none if you will because you are keyboard warriors , whompribaly arent even in PP.

So your calling ne bluff, im calling you bluff, lets meet up to the keyboard warriors on here who abused me , but you wont will you?

As for anyone who genuinly wants the meet you can pm me on here I think .

Thanks everyone General, jamie etc , and the paranoid ones either meet or shut up

And to the mods, what a ridicilous board if your accussed of being a troll when asking a question ??
Just because that Retarded poster said she didnt see any kids there last minth when she was there that im lying about last night?

I can assure you swear on the bible this woman holding the baby along with her two brats jumoed into my tul tuk , i have to be seen as lying about that ?

Anyway nevwho thinks im a liar as i said can meet me at the Grand Waterfront hitel or next doir at the indochine cafe .
Hello again, Newbie!

Haha, ignore the Nay-Sayers.

I actually agree with you that newbies being accused of TROLLING is pathetic.

I personally find it annoying, as my fellow CEO members and myself really enjoy reading someone's first impressions of this place, yet some members want to just shout TROLL right away.

It's really all of our loss when that happens, and as the admin here, I apologize for this.

Seriously guys, you want CEO to get busier? Stop calling troll because a story gets posted that's never happened to you.

Nobody can imagine little street kids jumping into a Tuk-Tuk? Ha! You must be living here with your eyes closed or something.

If that's "unbelievable" to you, then you need to get out more.

Personally, I believe Newbie 100%. He's already shown that the local riff raff has spotted him as an easy target.

I don't get what's so unbelievable here.

And, to back up his claims with a bit of "proof," compare my screenshots.

I had 9 invites yesterday, and now I have only 8 after he claims he used my referral code and has even been willing to provide an email he got as confirmation.

So, if we want to attract more active CEO members, stop being a dick to new members who have a story that hasn't happened to you.

It's stupid, and I don't blame Newbie for saying fuck this place and will stop posting. Do you?

Anyways, Newbie, if you're not scared off completely, let's meet up for a drink. I'll send you a PM. :thumb:

I suggest forgiving our fellow CEO members of being skeptical, as it just shows they don't get around if they can't fathom street kids jumping in a Tuk-Tuk.

I see the little fuckers all the time jumping on the backs of Tuk-Tuks and the driver having to chase them off, so to hear they jumped in your Tuk-Tuk takes no leap of the imagination.
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
kiwiincambodia
Expatriate
Korea North

Re: I just arrived in Phnom Penh

Post by kiwiincambodia »

There is a BIG difference in street urchins jumping on the back of a tuk tuk (which we have all seen) and them climbing inside the tuk tuk and physically frisking the passenger (never seen this once).
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Re: RE: Re: I just arrived in Phnom Penh

Post by General Mackevili »

kiwiincambodia wrote: (never seen this once).
Well, if you haven't seen it then he's clearly trolling.
:facepalm:
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

in fairness to the Newbie... there are groups of kids strolling around 136 begging for money, anyone who hasnt seen them is blatantly blind
if he is a big guy i get his concern regards to the kids and how to get rid of them, i think people have been a little harsh
although his reactions to the doubters is a little OTT

but seriously theres a hell of a lot more people making the same mistakes/naive actions/questions, than seasoned expats here
whether his post was a troll or not they are still valid questions, ones that ive been asked countless times by newbies

if i was in town id take you out newb but im away atm bro

i once saw some dutch guy smack some street kid round the chops down street #51 :nono:
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

Jamie_Lambo wrote:in fairness to the Newbie... there are groups of kids strolling around 136 begging for money, anyone who hasnt seen them is blatantly blind
if he is a big guy i get his concern regards to the kids and how to get rid of them, i think people have been a little harsh
although his reactions to the doubters is a little OTT

but seriously theres a hell of a lot more people making the same mistakes/naive actions/questions, than seasoned expats here
whether his post was a troll or not they are still valid questions, ones that ive been asked countless times by newbies

if i was in town id take you out newb but im away atm bro

i once saw some dutch guy smack some street kid round the chops down street #51 :nono:
Yeah, agree to all that.
The OP didn't help his case by freaking out at being called a troll - there are plenty worse things that you can be called - and number 1 lesson for living in Cambodia is probably "stay chill". And that violence against women stuff is not funny either, so check your attitude. :please:

However, as JL points out, a lot of newbies are freaked out by stuff like how to handle beggars and tuktuk drivers, so it doesn't hurt to be helpful if possible.
I have never had, or heard of, kids climbing into the tuktuk while the driver says nothing. It may be a slightly exaggerated version, but whether true or not, newbies need to learn how to deal with street kids and beggars without getting violent or freaking out.

There are a lot of bad drugs around too btw OP. Read just about any threads here that start with "Foreigner dies" or "Homeless foreigner". Not calling you a druggie but it's good to know these things. Dealing with unfamiliar situations can be more difficult if you are wasted.
Bertros
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Bertros »

kiwiincambodia wrote:Where did I call you a chicken you moronic twatflannel.....

I was offering you advice and to show you around on the weekend when I am free, now you can go fuck yourself. I hope you get everything coming to you, keep paying $5 to tuk tuk drivers and getting robbed by beggars.

You wont last long in Phnom Penh with your attitude bro. Get a grip before you get yourself into real shit.

yeah, just trying to keep up here, and I'm sure it's a lost in translation thing. but I'm gonna need a few bits of wisdom on what a "twatflannel" is?

I have to admit, that's a new one on me. I might want to use it in the future, but I wouldn't want to put it into the conversation at the wrong moment.

just asking mind you.

cheers

Bertros :hattip:
A taste of the bait is worth the pain of the hook.....
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

Last edited by Jamie_Lambo on Thu Sep 01, 2016 9:11 pm, edited 5 times in total.
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
Luigi
Expatriate

Post by Luigi »

A female ''sanitation pad, napkin ''. I.E Tampon, Kotex, whatever.
Bertros
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Bertros »

Luigi wrote:A female ''sanitation pad, napkin ''. I.E Tampon, Kotex, whatever.

ahhhh, got it.

cheers

Bertros :hattip:
A taste of the bait is worth the pain of the hook.....
zmth
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: I just arrived in PP

Post by zmth »

hanno wrote:5 Dollars for a 10-minute Tuk-tuk ride? You've been had. And every Tuk-tuk tried to grab your pockets? I find that hard to believe.

I personally find BKK lots scarier than PP, I always thought it would be easy to adapt for someone coming over there.
It would be nice to have some female tuk drivers but never see - so i guess the govt wontallow it or give them the proper license. But Also seems the femails are uncomfortable or scared of foreigner as i never see them offererig to give bike ride either?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic