Man's Eagle Killed By A Group of Hungried Construction Worker

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

The poor eagle had been living with its owner for a long time ago. It was one time confiscated from its owner by forestry administration aiming to put it in the forest. However, the owner and villagers asked the agriculture ministry to return the eagle to its owner.

After having returned back to its owner awhile ago, its owner went to Thailand and one day, the eagle ran from the home and ended up being killed and stripped off features by a group of construction workers.

The Eagle's owner said, " around 8:40 pm, my wife called me while I was traveling half-way back home from Bangkok, Thailand saying the eagle had run away from home and now she was looking for it. Then, I called her back and she said, the construction workers who are renting houses at the back of our house just killed it. Then, my sister went inside the house and saw them stripping of its features. I told my wife to take its body back for me to look at it for the last time".

Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
prahkeitouj
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Man's Eagle Killed By A Group of Hungried Construction Worker

Post by prahkeitouj »

It is really sad that they are hungry till they can eat even rarely bird.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using Tapatalk
កុំស្លាប់ដូចពស់ កុំរស់ដូចកង្កែប
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

That's terrible. I doubt the construction workers were that hungry, they probably just took the opportunity to kill a bird that was big, nearby, and not scared of people. Eagles are not a part of anyone's normal diet here. Wildlife here has little chance of surviving with the rampant destruction of natural habitats, along with development bringing in so many workers and their families, along with Chinese traders who will buy up any forest products.
It makes me sad. After the war ended, they said Cambodia was full of wildlife. The fighting and landmines scared most people away from the forests and hills, so the wildlife thrived. Peace came and opened up the country to blatant exploitation, now there is very little left.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Bitte_Kein_Lexus
Expatriate

Post by Bitte_Kein_Lexus »

Not part of anyone's diet, but they probably wanted to see what but tastes like, or probably had some weird belief that it would give them powers. Seems like any animal that comes out of a forest is "premium meat".
Ex Bitteeinbit/LexusSchmexus
mammothboy2
Expatriate

Post by mammothboy2 »

BKL is probably right - "the strength of an eagle"

Like (ancient) Chinese devouring owls to improve their eyesight.
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

mammothboy2 wrote:BKL is probably right - "the strength of an eagle"

Like (ancient) Chinese devouring owls to improve their eyesight.

Which goes to show [ Chinese ] Asians don't eat horse meat.
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
mammothboy2
Expatriate

Post by mammothboy2 »

In the past (maybe not now) the red deer hunted and slain in New Zealand were butchered locally and their cocks and balls
were sent off to Singapore, Hong Kong and Taiwan.

It can be guessed that these construction workers are/were just a bunch of "gimmie-dat" thickies who simply
saw a large bird and immediately wanted to kill and eat it.
SinnSisamouth
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by SinnSisamouth »

taste like chicken
i am on these blocked lists;
pucketrichard
hotdgr
sailorman
rozzieoz
stroppychops

:fuckyou:
Fourkinnel
Expatriate
Tonga

Post by Fourkinnel »

Sad story, and they turned it into a bald Eagle!
Mr Curious
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Mr Curious »

I'm thinking they spend enough on booze and maybe gambling to feed them well enough. It's just another example of theft.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic