Frenchman NICOLAS​ PLESSIS​​, 36, found dead in Phnom Penh room, drugs suspected

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
timmydownawell
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Frenchman NICOLAS​ PLESSIS​​, 36, found dead in Phnom Penh room, drugs suspected

Post by timmydownawell »

General Mackevili wrote:Ok, I know I'm a bit slow today....

So what's the consensus on the drug testing kit in the picture?

Reads positive/negative for uppers/downers?
It's positive for both Meth and Opiods
You must walk in traffic to cross the road - Cambodian proverb
venusianhart
Expatriate

Re: RE: Re: Frenchman NICOLAS​ PLESSIS​​, 36, found dead in PP room, drugs suspected.

Post by venusianhart »

CEOCambodiaNews wrote:
jah steu wrote:Those results look negative to me. The C (Control) line is visible, showing that liquid did reach the testing area, but the positive T line is not visible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks for the input Jah Steu. I wasn't sure about the test results either. The photos were upside down for a start.
Other English language news sources are citing the drug tests shown as evidence, but it is always possible (yes) that the police do not know how to use the equipment correctly and have drawn false conclusions.

Also, don't these testers work on human saliva ? Are they still suitable for use on someone who is deceased ?
The detection of substances has no bearing on the subject being alive.
Body fluids will show substances if they are present, so long as decay is not advanced.

Sent from my HUAWEI MT7-TL10 using Tapatalk
jaynewcastle
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: Frenchman NICOLAS​ PLESSIS​​, 36, found dead in Phnom Penh room, drugs suspected

Post by jaynewcastle »

So yet another druggie has died ?

Feel sorry for the Cambodian people who have to clear the mess up everytime it happens
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic