Students at Regional Polytechnic Institute Techo Sen Takeo Had Their Flip Flops Confiscated and Burned

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Students at Regional Polytechnic Institute Techo Sen Takeo Had Their Flip Flops Confiscated and Burned

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

A bunch of students at Regional Polytechnic Institute Techo SEn Takeo had their flip flop confiscated by their teachers and in order to warn other for not obeying the school regulation, their teacher burned down their flip flops in front of them as well as many other students. They had their flip flops confiscated because they didn't follow the school dress code.

Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Luigi
Expatriate

Re: Students at Regional Polytechnic Institute Techo Sen Takeo Had Their Flip Flops Confiscated and Burned

Post by Luigi »

They appear to be near traumatized by the event. Had to smell good as well.
I'm guessing proper attire means those extra long pointy black loafer style same as the finger pointer. Prolly has a shoe store in the market.

I was heavily sanctioned in HS for not wearing a belt but wide farmer type suspenders. I was a rebel.
mammothboy2
Expatriate

Re: Students at Regional Polytechnic Institute Techo Sen Takeo Had Their Flip Flops Confiscated and Burned

Post by mammothboy2 »

The memory dims with age, but one recalls a school in Youkay with no dress code - but an admonition thus:

Members of the school community are requested not to attend school attired as homeless persons, gangsters or sex workers
Bitte_Kein_Lexus
Expatriate

Post by Bitte_Kein_Lexus »

I can't really tell because I'm in my phone, but are most of them laughing? Nothing screams sex worker more than the wrong paid of flip-flops...
Ex Bitteeinbit/LexusSchmexus
jaynewcastle
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by jaynewcastle »

So now they have to walk in bare feet because the teacher burned the only footwear they have ?
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

Bitte_Kein_Lexus wrote:I can't really tell because I'm in my phone, but are most of them laughing? ...
I think you're right about the laughing, but it could also be a nervous laughter caused by extreme embarrassment.
This is really weird behaviour from the teacher IMO.
willyhilly
Expatriate
Albania

Post by willyhilly »

This will certainly lift the whole tone of the school. Obviously all students can afford to buy shoes, are crocs allowed?
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Officials to Investigate School Director Burning Student Shoes

by Phan Soumy | August 9, 2016

Education officials in Takeo province will investigate a vocational training school whose deputy director burned flip-flops belonging to students who failed to wear closed-toed shoes to class on Friday, an official said on Monday.

Phann Heng, deputy director of the Regional Polytechnic Institute Techo Sen Takeo in Donkeo City, admitted to burning six students’ flip-flops on Friday as a warning to others, though students say 11 pairs were destroyed.

“We admit that it was a bit much, when you look at it. However, if you think about it, it wasn’t too much …because we repeatedly advised them” to wear closed-toed shoes for safety reasons, Mr. Heng said.

Students without proper shoes, he said, were at risk of “electric shock or falling down.”

On Monday, he added, the school —which trains high school graduates for jobs in fields such as finance and engineering—distributed new sneakers to the students whose flip-flops were destroyed.

full-story https://www.cambodiadaily.com/morenews/ ... es-116452/
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Kuroneko
Expatriate

Post by Kuroneko »

CEOCambodiaNews wrote:Officials to Investigate School Director Burning Student Shoes

by Phan Soumy | August 9, 2016

Students without proper shoes, he said, were at risk of “electric shock or falling down.”
I suppose students not wearing safety hats are in danger of falling coconuts also :facepalm:

Suggested footware for girls

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic