False Rape Accusations by locals.

This is the part of the forum where we discuss Cambodia's nightlife! While most bars, nightclubs, pubs, beer gardens, and hostess bars are in Phnom Penh, we discuss the Cambodian nightlife across all of Cambodia, including Siem Reap, Kampot, and Sihanoukville. The main nightlife areas in Phnom Penh are on Street 136, Street 130, Street 110 and Street 51, but there are other party spots that aren't girlie bars where expats, tourists, and locals drink until the sun comes up. Feel free to post specials and promotions that relate to nighttime fun!
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Re: False Rape Accusations by locals.

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

lurcio wrote:Another one:-

Flew into BKK and over-nighted in an airport hotel waiting for my flight to PP the next day. Sat in the restaurant on my own when a white guy and a cute Thai girl sat down two tables from me. After a few minutes they start having a row and she storms off. A few minutes more and the guy comes over and asks if he can sit with me saying 'You probably just saw me having a row with my wife'. I say OK and after 10 minutes of idle chit-chat he tells me the argument was about him wanting to drink rather than go and shag her. A few minutes more and she reappears and comes and sits next to me. Then the guy says I can take her to my room and shag her for free 'cause he just wants to get pissed. She agrees and is really keen. Not sure what the set-up was about but if it is too good to be true....... Probably going to drug and rob me or maybe mid-coitus a knock on the door and the husband is there with a fake policeman.
id of struggled :twisted: :plus1:

definitely sounds like a drug and rob story!
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
gavinbrisbane
Expatriate

Post by gavinbrisbane »

The warning bells definitely happen for me - I would not touch it with a ten foot pole TBH...

or anyone else's pole for that matter...
StungTrengBooBarang
Expatriate

Post by StungTrengBooBarang »

That card scam thing is like the philpino card scam,

they used to be reported at riverside,

but more recently you run into them near central market, inside big sorya shops (once outside luckys, once outside platinum)

And just maybe 3 days ago at kandal market.

If you pretend to be a short starter you can risk them buying you ice cream at first meeting point,

but do not go with them unless you are prepared to either be drugged, or fight them once they say you owe them.

* ive always been too busy being lazy to bother going to next scenario.

The scam referred in above post i first heard was a warning while at siem reap, along with the rumour about gang of ladyboys pickpocketing tourists right in front of a cafe, and them threatening cafe staff with "if you tell them we will come back later and hurt you".

Like any urban legend or european storytales we grew up with, there probably is some truth, or its like the joke khmers play on their friends saying someone you know died today, waiting till you get upset then saying noone died.
StungTrengBooBarang
Expatriate

Post by StungTrengBooBarang »

* short stayer

ps just cant see edit button lol, but im sure its staring me in the face.
venusianhart
Expatriate

Re: RE: Re: False Rape Accusations by locals.

Post by venusianhart »

Jamie_Lambo wrote:
lurcio wrote:Another one:-

Flew into BKK and over-nighted in an airport hotel waiting for my flight to PP the next day. Sat in the restaurant on my own when a white guy and a cute Thai girl sat down two tables from me. After a few minutes they start having a row and she storms off. A few minutes more and the guy comes over and asks if he can sit with me saying 'You probably just saw me having a row with my wife'. I say OK and after 10 minutes of idle chit-chat he tells me the argument was about him wanting to drink rather than go and shag her. A few minutes more and she reappears and comes and sits next to me. Then the guy says I can take her to my room and shag her for free 'cause he just wants to get pissed. She agrees and is really keen. Not sure what the set-up was about but if it is too good to be true....... Probably going to drug and rob me or maybe mid-coitus a knock on the door and the husband is there with a fake policeman.
id of struggled :twisted: :plus1:

definitely sounds like a drug and rob story!
Big one in the PI where adultery is jail time.
Cute 'desperate housewife' hits on you in mall. Offers free nookie.
'Cuckold Husband' and police burst into hotel room.
Shakedown accomplished.

Sent from my SM-J200GU using Tapatalk
venusianhart
Expatriate

Post by venusianhart »

Jamie_Lambo wrote:
kiwiincambodia wrote:
Jamie_Lambo wrote:
kiwiincambodia wrote:
Jamie_Lambo wrote:no one ever hears about this scam because once the guy hands over the money to the "brothers" he is brutally murdered and thrown into the Tonle Sap and goes unreported... stay safe brother
So that's what happened to Little Jimmy, I wondered where he went!!

:stir:
Little Jimmy was found....
Dude, NO......

Dont cry mate, Jimmy always said you looked like a deformed Pony whenever you cry
She made me cry. Sweet jeezus!

venusianhart
Expatriate

Post by venusianhart »

"Whether it's a card scam or a rape scam or some other kind of scam..... if you are a single man, you can be a target -- I think this is very rare in Cambodia, but all the same, if you're traveling in Southern Asia and a pretty girl comes onto you and it seems too good to be true, it probably is.... eyes wide open."

Pretty girls, any nice girls at all, just don't behave that way, its not how women are wired. But, yeah. When i was young and full of cum on Kao Sarn road, a pretty girl with great English approached me and aasked me to go into a youth hostel lounge of all places to 'practice english' lo and behold, her thai male friends, all four of them, who looked like the tatoonine bar aliens compared to her, were there playing cards, and oh look! Please enjoy some snacks and free whiskey! I noped the fuck out of there. It was the middle of the afternoon. Anyplace anytime. A random pretty friendly woman just does not exist in reality.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic