Dance Clubs/Discos

This is the part of the forum where we discuss Cambodia's nightlife! While most bars, nightclubs, pubs, beer gardens, and hostess bars are in Phnom Penh, we discuss the Cambodian nightlife across all of Cambodia, including Siem Reap, Kampot, and Sihanoukville. The main nightlife areas in Phnom Penh are on Street 136, Street 130, Street 110 and Street 51, but there are other party spots that aren't girlie bars where expats, tourists, and locals drink until the sun comes up. Feel free to post specials and promotions that relate to nighttime fun!
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Re: Dance Clubs/Discos

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

Romy wrote:
Kuroneko wrote:
Jamie_Lambo wrote:
Romy wrote:ha ha
did not trip over any!
any bar/building with the word hostel in the title is usually a steer clear for me, what sort of crowd was there? is it a bar or hostess bar?
I imagine something like this :D

Ha ha
Unfortunately they wrote hostel instead of hotel.
Fact is they have 4 rooms for rent on a regular basis not for taking the girls up if you know what I mean.
*sigh* if only PP had a Soi 6 :sorry:
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

I believe it's actually illegal to rent rooms out/provide accommodation for payment and run a hostess bar in the same property. If there's a separate entrance, ie. you don't have to walk through the bar to access the accommodation, then you can get away with it, otherwise it's a big no-no.
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

PSD-Kiwi wrote:I believe it's actually illegal to rent rooms out/provide accommodation for payment and run a hostess bar in the same property. If there's a separate entrance, ie. you don't have to walk through the bar to access the accommodation, then you can get away with it, otherwise it's a big no-no.
"Venus Bar & Massage" has been running a couple of years in Sihanoukville, $25 all inc.
Some of the girls actually give a decent massage
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

Jamie_Lambo wrote: "Venus Bar & Massage" has been running a couple of years in Sihanoukville, $25 all inc.
Venus doesn't provide accommodation though do they? and they can barely call that a bar, let alone a hostess bar, it is nothing but a self confessed knock shop according to their website. Is the owner still trying to sell that place for a ridiculously high price? Been on the market for at least 2 or 3 years iirc.

My post was referring to the Seaworld bar and hostel, which according to one of the posters, is also a hostess bar.
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

PSD-Kiwi wrote:
Jamie_Lambo wrote: "Venus Bar & Massage" has been running a couple of years in Sihanoukville, $25 all inc.
Venus doesn't provide accommodation though do they? and they can barely call that a bar, let alone a hostess bar, it is nothing but a self confessed knock shop according to their website. Is the owner still trying to sell that place for a ridiculously high price? Been on the market for at least 2 or 3 years iirc.

My post was referring to the Seaworld bar and hostel, which according to one of the posters, is also a hostess bar.
ahh i see, i thought you were referring to my comment about Soi 6 lol
yeah i cant really imagine a hostess bar being able to offer accommodation, the only place ive come across it is in Pattaya, but then again they wasnt "hostess" bars, just bar/hotels where some of the staff was "available"
kiwiincambodia
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by kiwiincambodia »

Nay Nay star used to have rooms upstairs for rent by the hour and long term stay as well.

God I miss that place. Many a good night had in that bar.
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

Mikado's side door was very convenient and inconspicuous.
vladimir
The Pun-isher
Russia

Post by vladimir »

Username Taken wrote:Mikado's side door was very convenient and inconspicuous.
A bit on the side?
Jesus loves you...Mexico is great, right? ;)
Romy
Expatriate
India

Post by Romy »

Hi All
Have you tried LOCO on 130 st?
Seems its the only girlie bar where they actually don't pester you with "buy me drink"!
:clap:
luvcambo
Tourist

Post by luvcambo »

I want to dance so bad but hurt my knee and cant for like a year :(
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic