Tom Stewart, US guy in Phnom Penh, needs help.

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Tom Stewart, US guy in Phnom Penh, needs help.

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Just saw this on FaceBook. Another foreigner not quite right who has a bad foot infection. It seems he would like someone to help him, but he doesn't know who to ask.
He said he had been trying to contact family.If anyone knows him, you can contact the guy who posted this.

Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Re: Tom Stewart, US guy in Phnom Penh, needs help.

Post by Username Taken »

"Doesn't want to go to the US consulate"

Why? Does he have outstanding warrants?
SinnSisamouth
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by SinnSisamouth »

i know what sailortwit would do :head shot:
i am on these blocked lists;
pucketrichard
hotdgr
sailorman
rozzieoz
stroppychops

:fuckyou:
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

Isnt that that Alexfrance22 Poster who keeps starting threads about opening a business
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

He looks kind of normal from some angles. Does he sneak up and start chatting and then suddenly show you his rotting foot? Is that his gig? Tell him to fuck off, he's probably a junkie.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

Username Taken wrote:"Doesn't want to go to the US consulate"

Who knows ? He's obviously not quite right in the head. After the OP on FB, AK adds this :
Alexander Krot: He is not refusing, I would say he is ashamed of his state. He asked me if the us consulate could help him?
I thought that I heard the US is one of the better countries about repatriating their citizens in distress - for a healthy sum of course ? (Not sure this is true.)
Or if he has an outstanding warrant, why not tell them ? Otherwise, what to do ? Get busted at GSM ?
Ricky Shaw
Expatriate
Djibouti

Post by Ricky Shaw »

Where is this American consulate? None in Cambodia.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

Anchor Moy wrote:

Who knows ? He's obviously not quite right in the head. After the OP on FB, AK adds this :
Alexander Krot: He is not refusing, I would say he is ashamed of his state. He asked me if the us consulate could help him?
I thought that I heard the US is one of the better countries about repatriating their citizens in distress - for a healthy sum of course ? (Not sure this is true.)
Or if he has an outstanding warrant, why not tell them ? Otherwise, what to do ? Get busted at GSM ?
The US embassy will assist you in first trying to contact family members/friends, to get you home, If none will help, they will send you home and stamp ur passport invalid for travel till you play them back ( at east thats the way it was before.

US EMBASSY across Wat Phnom
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by frank lee bent »

well i know where i would rather be homeless.
seems strange that people who are penniless choose to stay.
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

Ricky Shaw wrote:Where is this American consulate? None in Cambodia.
phuketrichard wrote:
Anchor Moy wrote:

The US embassy will assist you in first trying to contact family members/friends, to get you home, If none will help, they will send you home and stamp ur passport invalid for travel till you play them back ( at east thats the way it was before.

US EMBASSY across Wat Phnom
For information :
Welcome to American Citizen Services (ACS) for Phnom Penh, Cambodia. We provide a range of services and information. All non-emergency consular services, including passport renewals and reports of birth abroad, require an appointment. We will not accept walk-ins.
Here is the US Embassy address and here is the telephone number to make an appointment. Note that they do not accept you without appointment.
Embassy of USA
1 Christopher Howes
+855 23 728 000

Emergency Contact Information.
American Citizens should call the Embassy as soon as practical in the event of an arrest, death, hospitalization, or other emergency involving a U.S. citizen. In an emergency, Embassy personnel can assist in talking with medical personnel, police, or other officials on behalf of the U.S. citizen and his or her family.

For emergencies during regular office hours (8:00am to 5:00pm, Monday thru Friday) please call +855 23-728-402 / +855 23-728-051 / +855 23-728-234.

In the event of an emergency after hours, please call +855 23-728000. Press 1 and then 0 to be transferred to the operator.

A duty officer is always available outside normal office hours to assist American citizens who have serious emergencies. U.S. citizens with emergencies should call the Embassy’s main number, 023-728-000. Please note that routine matters such as visa inquiries or replacement pages for passports do not constitute emergencies.
https://kh.usembassy.gov/u-s-citizen-se ... y-contact/
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic