A tragic waste of marijuana

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
cannabistourist
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: A tragic waste of marijuana

Post by cannabistourist »

Barang_doa_slae wrote:Given the local weed quality I say this burn display isn't a big loss.
Long time ago I was brought into a distibutor wharehouse, a double shop house in the suburbs. My khmer mate bought the same way the gringo buying coffee in the old commercial, finding the good stuff hidden behind the bad stuff for the same price as the later.
Personally I stopped smoking local Pot when no more Laos import where to be found and for many years have been exclusively relying on Himalayan H imports.

Can you help getting the best stuff ? How much do you pay for it ?

And I had never found anything in Laos better than Cambo or Thailand, am I wrong ?

Thanks.
ONLY MONKEYS THINK THAT I AM NOT LIVING IN CAMBODIA BECAUSE I USE VPNs and PROXIES.
Sorry but I do not reply to idiots, especially the old ones.
willyhilly
Expatriate
Albania

Post by willyhilly »

Its easy to make hash nowadays using the mesh bags, and even when using up all the rubbish it can be incredibly strong.
Mr Curious
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Mr Curious »

when Columbian hit in the early 70s, I was stoned all the time. Slept half my high away. This new stuff is likd PR said, too dang strong. And stateside, more expensive than heroin I suspect. I've been told $35 a GRAM. WTF? Vaping (and other stoner toys) and pinch hitters territory. One joint would be about $20 at those prices. I've got some nice herb in Cambo. First time it was VERY good. Stay at home, zoned to the max and nodding good. I'll be looking for hash on my next trip. Lil bit more alert type high as I recall. I too miss the passing fatties around in a circle social aspect. High praise to the lads that produced fat joints for a session outside the Garage on a couple of occasions. It would be nice to get a softer variety akin to the old Mex I first had. Smoke all day, keep a nice high and not get totally stupid.
beaker
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by beaker »

Cannabis India is what we have here much different high than cannabis sativa most are used to from the states much of the newer varieties are combinations of the 2.
Hash is from the crystals found on the leaves and buds you won't see many on the local Indica buds so making hash is near impossible. Google is your friend
"i'm the one who has to die, when it's time for me to die, so let me live my life the way i want to"
jimi hendrix
cptrelentless
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by cptrelentless »

The thing with skunk weed is you have to start smoking before drinking, not the other way around. Coming home pissed and sparking up is a one way ticket to whitey town.
Mr Curious
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Mr Curious »

canabis india? combined product? CRYSTALS???!!! wtf, yer friend google don't know shit about weed.
whiteytown? see, this is why I can't take some people seriously. If you can't be arsed to use proper language, I can't be arsed to care what you're saying.
Seasquatch
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Seasquatch »

Yeah, those little paper masks are going to totally keep them from inhaling anything.

I'm betting the bbq is set up not to far away.
------
aka Yankee Gringo Gaijin aka Seppy Yank
beaker
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by beaker »

Mr Curious wrote:canabis india? combined product? CRYSTALS???!!! wtf, yer friend google don't know shit about weed.
whiteytown? see, this is why I can't take some people seriously. If you can't be arsed to use proper language, I can't be arsed to care what you're saying.
Then why don't you enlighten us mere mortals oh wise one, because all the information on google from growers, sellers and scientists say things like this :

Indica – Delivers a sedating, relaxing, full-body high—great for fighting insomnia
Sativa – Results in an energetic, uplifting and cerebral high—great for getting shit done

Many stoners plan their days around weed—especially since Indica and Sativa deliver such opposite effects. Many pot smokers will tell ya that Indica weed helps them sleep and gives them a more relaxed, sedated, full-body high. They report that the opposite is true for Sativa weed. It delivers a more energetic, cerebral high and is great for daytime smoking.

Indica – CBD
Sativa – THC

Sativa strains have a higher ratio of THC (this is what Hashish is) , the stuff that gets you high, to CBD—the stuff that doesn’t. In fact CBD will not produce a psychoactive high at all. It actually mitigates the effects of THC. As a result CBD has anti-anxiety and anti-epileptic effects. These are just two reasons why marijuana patients may prefer one strain over the other or even a hybrid that delivers the benefits of them all.

Hashish, or hash, is an extracted product composed of compressed or purified preparations of stalked resin glands (these are the crystals i spoke of) , called trichomes, from the cannabis plant. It contains the same active ingredients as marijuana—such as tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) and other cannabinoids—but often in higher concentrations than the unsifted buds or leaves from which the marijuana is made.
"i'm the one who has to die, when it's time for me to die, so let me live my life the way i want to"
jimi hendrix
Mr Curious
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Mr Curious »

india...wrong. Crystals...wrong. Decent followup research but I don't believe the claim of anti anxiety effects from ANY weed. Anxiety would be one of the prime complaints of MANY users, and a reason many quit it. (eating everything in the fridge being maybe another reason :) All this stuff is just so much pseudo gourmet, wine sniffing hyperbole akin to a write up on the food on offer by the latest Martian/Thai/Ecuadorian fusion resto. It may boost their credibility with you, but not me. There IS a fascinating PBS show about the Israeli that identified THC back in the late 40s as I recall, and his assertions about it's importance of treating multiple health conditions.
so what does cannibis rudellias do for ya then?
I'm basing what I say mostly on my experience with herb over a 46 yr period.
I suppose this current trend is a continuation of the expert articles in High Times from the 70s on. I'd be interested to see what Andrew Weil would have to say about what you've excerpted (above).
beaker
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by beaker »

Mr Curious wrote:india...wrong. Crystals...wrong. Decent followup research but I don't believe the claim of anti anxiety effects from ANY weed. Anxiety would be one of the prime complaints of MANY users, and a reason many quit it. (eating everything in the fridge being maybe another reason :) All this stuff is just so much pseudo gourmet, wine sniffing hyperbole akin to a write up on the food on offer by the latest Martian/Thai/Ecuadorian fusion resto. It may boost their credibility with you, but not me. There IS a fascinating PBS show about the Israeli that identified THC back in the late 40s as I recall, and his assertions about it's importance of treating multiple health conditions.
so what does cannibis rudellias do for ya then?
I'm basing what I say mostly on my experience with herb over a 46 yr period.
I suppose this current trend is a continuation of the expert articles in High Times from the 70s on. I'd be interested to see what Andrew Weil would have to say about what you've excerpted (above).
it's Indica not India so what is wrong with Indica?

Crystals are what many call thc as they sparkle under sunlight.

Any anxiety i have had while smoking was do to police and it being illegal.

Cannabis ruderalis is a wild variety of cannabis that originates from Russia. The plants are incredibly short and only grow to about 2 feet tall. Compared to other varieties of cannabis, the leaves of ruderalis plants are smaller and fewer in number.
Ruderalis also produces very little THC, which lowers its appeal for recreational and medical users. In fact, ruderalis strains have been found to possess a chemical profile similar to Hemp.
jimi hendrix
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic