Computer neededk

This is where you can buy and sell anything you want in Cambodia! There is no 'Craigslist Cambodia,' so this is the next best thing. Most items for sale are in Phnom Penh, but this is a buy and sell section for the whole country. Many expats and tourists have new and used items to sell, so anyone can list them here. CEO has no part in these sales, so buyers and sellers need to get in contact with each other themselves. You're always welcome to list items you're giving away for free, as we encourage the community to give when they can. Amazon and eBay ship select items to Cambodia, but you save time and money when you do things locally.
Luigi
Expatriate

Computer neededk

Post by Luigi »

Want to buy PC or laptop in SKV
Advertisement
CamboQuick Cambodia Amazon Shipping
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Re: Computer neededk

Post by Username Taken »

I've got a laptop you can have for FREE! But in PP.

Now for the bad news -
Windows XP
328 MB RAM (yes mega)
Battery doesn't charge.
Charger is a bit flakey.

Yes, really!
Might suit someone that likes wet weekends.
Luigi
Expatriate

Post by Luigi »

Thanks for the offer. But I must take pass on that unit. :salut:
Luigi
Expatriate

Post by Luigi »

Sorted. But would still buy monitor & keyboard.
Chinita
Tourist

Post by Chinita »

:Search: Hi I have two useful laptops willing to let go of both $250 both hp
kyleincambo
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by kyleincambo »

Luigi wrote: Mon Jul 25, 2016 5:25 pm Want to buy PC or laptop in SKV
I can build you one far better than anything you can buy premade here. And for much cheaper.
Luigi
Expatriate

Post by Luigi »

kyleincambo wrote: Sat Jun 24, 2017 10:49 am
Luigi wrote: Mon Jul 25, 2016 5:25 pm Want to buy PC or laptop in SKV
I can build you one far better than anything you can buy premade here. And for much cheaper.
Well that is good to know but that post is from 04/15. Sorted now but still on the lookout for a monitor w/HDMI. Any help w/that?
Luigi
Expatriate

Post by Luigi »

Sorry wrong date. Only 1 yr. ago. Still.
juansweetpotato
Expatriate

Post by juansweetpotato »

Luigi wrote: Tue Jul 26, 2016 8:43 am Thanks for the offer. But I must take a piss on that unit. :salut:
Corrected that for you.

Let me answer the question of whether to buy in a shop in SNVL, or even Cambodia, with my own experience.

First though:
The first thing to note about computers here is that none of them are new. ( I went to look at new ones at Chantra 3 weeks ago as yet another board had gone. They told me that out of the hundreds they have on their website only around ten models were brand new. The rest he said were second hand, sourced from Australia. I said, Ok, give me one of the new ones. They went out back to get the boxed computer and low and behold, the box was already open :facepalm:
I said , why is the box open, I thought you said it was new.
He said, yes, it is new, we just opened the box.
I thought, hello! Let me just check the warranty. There wasn't any.
I said where's the warranty?
He said, no problem.
I said, what happens if it has problem and I want to take it to Vietnam for repair?
He said, no problem :facepalm:
I tried to tell him that in every other country when the box is opened it becomes second hand. Blank stare.lol
I went straight to the phone shop and bought a tablet fully boxed with warranty. :thumb:
I will wait to get another computer when I get a chance to pop back to Vietnam.

Ok
My notebook's board went (again ) a few years ago when I was living SNVL, so I decided to buy a new one from the shop on the Ekereach/ Samudera junction.
It ran Ok for about two months then wouldn't start up one day. I took it back to the shop, and they said leave it with them for a few days to check. I said, okay, can you ring me? They said, yes.
One week went by and no phone call.
I popped back in and they told me that they had sent it to PP for testing.
I wasn't very happy about this as they had never asked my permission. (I was going to take it to an authorised service centre in Vietnam to try to get it repaired​ under warranty, knowing full well that chances are they wouldn't be able to fix it the shop)
I said, okay how long will it be?
They said, about two weeks.
I said, Ok, ring me me when you get it back.
After about a month and still no phone call I popped in to check on its status.
They told me they had sent it to Singapore :facepalm: :facepalm: and it would be back in about three months.
Four months later it came back when I was living in Phnom Penh. They said, Ok, we will send it back to PP for you ( :angry: )
I said, Ok.
When it arrived they tried to charge me $20 for the transport back from SNVL to PP where it had originally arrived.
What a hopless bunch of Cambodians they were/ are. I felt scammed actually.
Now for the best bit. When I took it out and plugged it in it still wouldn't boot up. :crazy:
However, after persistently trying (like 50 times) it eventually booted and worked normally. I just never switched it off.
It died completely about a year later during SNVL monsoon​ season.

My advice, buy it from Vietnam. Cheaper than Bangkok, with authorised service centres for most makes, and only 5 hours away on the bus.

Cambodians seem to know f all about IT , but they know all about making money. Just look at the inet.
"Can you spare some cutter for an old man?"
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic