HE Offered Higher Prices To Buy 30 Cages of Birds To Release

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

HE Offered Higher Prices To Buy 30 Cages of Birds To Release

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

On 24 June 2016, Samdach Decho HE, the Prime minister of Cambodia had bought 30 cages full of birds which he offered 200 USD to each cage to release at the riverside.

Source: ABC
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
jaynewcastle
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: HE Offered Higher Prices To Buy 30 Cages of Birds To Release

Post by jaynewcastle »

I'm sure even more people will be trying to catch & cage the little birds now that they have found out how much money they can make from doing so
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

jaynewcastle wrote:I'm sure even more people will be trying to catch & cage the little birds now that they have found out how much money they can make from doing so
Too true, it's ridiculous how people think they'll gain merit by engaging in such a cruel practice. I worked for a place owned by an okhna years ago. He used to throw very lavish parties'. One was for his young daughter's birthday. In front of his restaurant they let out about 20 cages of birds. There was a thunderstorm shortly afterwards, when I left the party later there were loads of soaked birds shivering in the bushes.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Kuroneko
Expatriate

Post by Kuroneko »

John Bingham wrote: In front of his restaurant they let out about 20 cages of birds. There was a thunderstorm shortly afterwards, when I left the party later there were loads of soaked birds shivering in the bushes.
:D

bolueeleh
Expatriate

Post by bolueeleh »

Cant even fathom the simple concept of demand n supply, cruel to be kind does not negate the cruelty, how the fuck to expect him run a country properly? Only knows how to on a show
Money is not the problem, the problem is no money
Barang_doa_slae
The Dark Horse
Cambodia

Post by Barang_doa_slae »

Spending 1k in koh kong, now 6k for birds. His children might start to think he is burning their future heritage :mrgreen:
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic