Phnom Penh > Pattaya

Do you have a Cambodian trip report you want to share? Post it here, and feel free to link to your blog if it's a travel blog for Cambodia, South East Asia, or anywhere really. You can ask and answer questions about travel advice in Cambodia or just share your pictures and videos with us. Most people who live in or visit Cambodia have also checked out nearby countries like Vietnam, Thailand, Laos, Myanmar, Malaysia, Indonesia and the Philippines, and you can get to most of these countries by traveling overland, so put any travel plans, reviews or questions here. Discussions about dirt bike trails in here as well.
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Re: PP > Pattaya

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

checking air asia now see if they got any cheap deals
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

Jamie_Lambo wrote:checking air asia now see if they got any cheap deals

After that,,, check the stickman's blog to see if there are any cheap deals on bar girls available.
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

Duncan wrote:
Jamie_Lambo wrote:checking air asia now see if they got any cheap deals

After that,,, check the stickman's blog to see if there are any cheap deals on bar girls available.
its my birthday on the 29th, ill see if any have any 2 4 1 deals
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
Fourkinnel
Expatriate
Tonga

Post by Fourkinnel »

You could try the Pallin border crossing if you feeling adventurous! Might get chance to have a beer with the old KR cadres who still live round that area. I hear that's the place to buy dodgy gemstones too ;-)

Ban Pakard, Chantaburi, Thailand/Phsar Prom Border Crossing: Pailin, Cambodia
Cambodian visas available. Thai transit visas available.
Located in Pailin, Cambodia, opposite Thailand's Chantaburi province. From Bangkok, bus to Chantaburi for about 150 baht (4 hours). Mini bus to border for about 100 baht (1-2 hours). Cross border. Motodup to Pailin. Taxi from Pailin to Battambang (shared taxi for 200baht, private for $25-$30.) 3 or 4 hours but road conditions change with the season.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

hear that's the place to buy dodgy gemstones too ;-)
you hard wrong, i used to mine rubies/sapphires there in 87/88 ( Bo Rai and Pailn area)
Taxi from Pailin to Battambang (shared taxi for 200baht, private for $25-$30.) 3 or 4 hours but road conditions change with the season.
as stated 90 minutes on a excellent road
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
jaynewcastle
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by jaynewcastle »

I always fly from DMK with Air Asia, my Feb 2016 and my Feb 2017 return flights both about 3000bt / £60
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

ExPenhMan wrote:I always fly.

PP to DMK would definitely be the cheaper option, taking the 0830 AA flight from PP. Then it's a taxi to Mo Chit Bus Terminal (140 baht), and catch the direct express bus to Pattaya North Rd. bus station. Platform 7x something. Ask at the Info Desk inside. It's all expressway and very fast, though I think 90 minutes is optimistic -- depending on traffic, of course.

I do hate spending the whole day travelling. If I'm in a hurry and can afford it, I take Bangkok Air to Swampy and the Jomtien express bus (134 baht) to Jomtien. The bus is on the Public Taxi level, which I think is level 1 (not basement for the trains). But get off early at Pattaya Klang (Central Road). They always stop here. Then walk across the pedestrian bridge to catch a baht bus or moto taxi.
^^ Option #2 sounds better.
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Post by General Mackevili »

I think I'd get a $60 flight from Phnom Penh to Bangkok, and then take a bus from Bangkok to Pattaya.

Seems it might cost about $80 all in and your total travel time would be about 4 hours or less.

I saw signs for a bus to Pattaya from the airport, but it was from the international Sovannapumi airport, not the domestic airport where Air Asia operates.

Why you going to Pattaya, Jamie? I thought you were a good man. :stir:

"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
Sailorman
Expatriate

Re: Phnom Penh > Pattaya

Post by Sailorman »

Bangkok Airways/Angkor Air to Big Swampy (Bangkok Airport), Airasia goes to the old airport. Big Swampy to Pattaya via Bell Travel (book on line), their desk is on the bottom floor. Bell travel gives you a big bus to their terminal in Pattaya, switchs you to a van in Pattaya and drops you of at your hotel. Last time I took it they were 200bt ( a real deal.) You can book Bell Travel to pick you up at your hotel and take you to the airport also.

BTW/ I also like the Sabai Lodge on soi 2 and have been staying there for years, 850bt low season and 4 swimming pools. A block from the Big C mall and a block to the beach road. Ask for the Superior "B" building 2nd floor. Its right by the best pool (dolphin pool) and in back so very quiet. McD's is just around the corner on 2nd road, across the street from Mcd's is a restaurant that makes its own beer.(and a good smoked port knuckle) Big C mall and grocery store is a block away. Lots of restaurants north of the Dolphin Circle on 2nd road. (if I remember there is Domino's there) A block away on the beach road is Gulliver's bar/restaurant and tons of bars/restaurants. Also Baht bus's to downtown. (soi 6 or walking street, or the malls.)

I just checked Bangkok Airways PP-BKK for Sep. R/T. and it was 186.90. Well worth the money. I don't really care for Airasia and the old terminal.
willyhilly
Expatriate
Albania

Re: Phnom Penh > Pattaya

Post by willyhilly »

Well done Sailorman, I may follow your advice later this year.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic