Brit tries to kill Trump

Yeah, that place out 'there'. Anything not really Cambodia related should go here.
Sailorman
Expatriate

Re: Brit tries to kill Trump

Post by Sailorman »

CP: What your not saying or don't know is that the receiver on a firearm, like the AR15 is the registered part that is the "gun." To get a receiver you have to pass a background check or have already had that done by the FBI by having a concealed carry permit. I used to rebuild AK-47 from combloc Europe countries. They would come in as parts with a cut receiver. I would buy some semi-auto parts and with a background check/carry permit buy a receiver which I had to sign paperwork for and get through a licensed dealer . I bought the receiver in the "white" which is unblued, and I would blue them, drill out the rivets on the old receiver (throw it away), and assemble the new/old parts. Without a background check you can buy the trigger parts, barrel, stock, springs, etc. Unless you are a master machinist and have a foundry at your disposal you are not going to produce a receiver for an AR15. An AK is a little simpler, but you still need a knowledge of metal work and more. It is a federal crime to produce a receiver without a federal manufacturers license.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic