Why America IS NOT the greatest country

Streaming video, book reviews, movie requests and more.
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Re: Why America IS NOT the greatest country

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

Duncan wrote:
Jamie_Lambo wrote:
frank lee bent wrote: of course there is history in north america before european arrival.
where? :P

the US is only a part of the "Late Modern Period"
Europe didnt come over until the "Early Modern Period"

British History
Stone Age - 800,000 to 2200 BCE
Bronze Age - 2200 to 750 CE
Pre-Roman Iron Age - 750 BCE to 43 CE
Roman Britain Age - 56 BCE to 400 CE
Viking Age - 800 to 1066 CE
Early medieval period - 400 to 800 CE
Medieval period - 800 to 1500 CE (aka The Dark Ages)
Post-medieval period - 1500 to 1800 CE
Industrial/Modern

North American History
Lithic - 13,500 to 8000 BCE
Archaic - 8000 to 1000 BCE
Woodland - 1000 BCE to 1000 CE
Mississippian - 800 to 1600 CE

Where, where , where does Cambodia fit into that list ? Maybe Archaic age ?
Prehistory and early history. - 7000 - 0
Funan Kingdom - 0 – 550 CE
Chenla Kingdom - 550 – 802 CE
Khmer Empire - 802 – 1431 CE
Dark ages of Cambodia - 1431 – 1863 CE
French colonial period - 1863 – 1953 CE
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
cptrelentless
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by cptrelentless »

They ate all the large animals which they might have been able to domesticate and the continents line up North/South, which means the weather is different. So it takes a long time to get your corn from the middle to the edges. They didn't have the tech/requirement to make massive castles because of this. Bad weather and droughts also seemed to be a problem to the larger civilisations, probably shouldn't have chopped down all the trees. There were a lot of them, apparently the smoke from their fires blackened the entire sky when the vikings turned up and they managed to turf them out, unlike a lot of places.

When I was a lad we used to determine who was the greatest by their ability to piss as high as possible whilst standing at the urinal. You would engrave your best score for future generations to admire.
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

cptrelentless wrote:They ate all the large animals which they might have been able to domesticate and the continents line up North/South, which means the weather is different. So it takes a long time to get your corn from the middle to the edges. They didn't have the tech/requirement to make massive castles because of this. Bad weather and droughts also seemed to be a problem to the larger civilisations, probably shouldn't have chopped down all the trees. There were a lot of them, apparently the smoke from their fires blackened the entire sky when the vikings turned up and they managed to turf them out, unlike a lot of places.

When I was a lad we used to determine who was the greatest by their ability to piss as high as possible whilst standing at the urinal. You would engrave your best score for future generations to admire.

I bet the kids at the school you attended, still talk about your achievements.
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

Duncan wrote:
cptrelentless wrote:They ate all the large animals which they might have been able to domesticate and the continents line up North/South, which means the weather is different. So it takes a long time to get your corn from the middle to the edges. They didn't have the tech/requirement to make massive castles because of this. Bad weather and droughts also seemed to be a problem to the larger civilisations, probably shouldn't have chopped down all the trees. There were a lot of them, apparently the smoke from their fires blackened the entire sky when the vikings turned up and they managed to turf them out, unlike a lot of places.

I bet the kids at the school you attended, still talk about your achievements.
our playground civilization was forged on who was the greatest at British Bulldog! :dragonchase:
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
csosdny
Expatriate

Post by csosdny »

The great US of A may have a lot of faults but it is the best country by far overall. Why because it has something for everyone just as it has everyone.
I would bet that if you laid ten of the most appealing first world countries passports on the table and said "pick one," hands down 99% would pick USA.
I bet the average Cambodia would also say 'America!"
kiwiincambodia
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by kiwiincambodia »

csosdny wrote:I would bet that if you laid ten of the most appealing first world countries passports on the table and said "pick one," hands down 99% would pick USA.
I'll take that bet.......

what are the stakes?
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

csosdny wrote:The great US of A may have a lot of faults but it is the best country by far overall. Why because it has something for everyone just as it has everyone.
I would bet that if you laid ten of the most appealing first world countries passports on the table and said "pick one," hands down 99% would pick USA.

I bet if your accountant said you have to pay off the debt, of one of the ten most appealing countries , you would choose ?
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
kiwiincambodia
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by kiwiincambodia »

csosdny
Expatriate

Post by csosdny »

Duncan wrote:
csosdny wrote:The great US of A may have a lot of faults but it is the best country by far overall. Why because it has something for everyone just as it has everyone.

I bet if your accountant said you have to pay off the debt, of one of the ten most appealing countries , you would choose ?
You would change your mind if you came to any of the US Courthouses in
a major city in the US and were present "every week" for the "Citizenship" swearing in ceremonies, thousands upon thousands "every week" in the country. People from every country are represented.
bolueeleh
Expatriate

Post by bolueeleh »

kiwiincambodia wrote:Image
that makes me laugh so hard it...

another reason why US of A is so great, no discrimination or racism :hattip:
seriously? or just joking?

Money is not the problem, the problem is no money
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic