A Digital nomads guide to Cambodia

Whether you're a working stiff or a business owner yourself, this is the place to discuss all aspects of financing your drinking habit ;-)

NO BUSINESS SALES HERE PLEASE, WE HAVE A SECTION FOR THAT IN THE CLASSIFIEDS.
ConsequenceFish
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: A Digital nomads guide to Cambodia

Post by ConsequenceFish »

kiwiincambodia wrote:With what he has called some of the members here, especially GM, it would be funny if he actually did become one of us.
What did he call members here?

Also wondering are CEO members also many of the same people from Khmer440? They were very nasty with me over there and wont go back :(.

People seem more chipper over here ;).
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

ConsequenceFish wrote:
kiwiincambodia wrote:With what he has called some of the members here, especially GM, it would be funny if he actually did become one of us.

Also wondering are CEO members also many of the same people from Khmer440? They were very nasty with me over there and wont go back :(.

theres a handful of posters that post on both, some people from K440 sometimes post here but not regularly
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Re: RE: Re: A Digital nomads guide to Cambodia

Post by General Mackevili »

ConsequenceFish wrote:

I think he called me a troll, or maybe worse. My feelings are still hurt.

The Khmer440 members who do post over here are much better behaved, as we don't tolerate as much bullshit.

Hey, even I play by the community rules here, as fair is fair.
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
Carmelita
Expatriate

Post by Carmelita »

General Mackevili wrote:
ConsequenceFish wrote:

The Khmer440 members who do post over here are much better behaved, as we don't tolerate as much bullshit.

Anyone on here have a blog to follow?

Preferably about off the beaten path in Cambodia.

The most interesting part in my opinion.
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

i quite often get off the beaten path but not hipster enough to write a blog about it, come meet me in a bar and ill tell you all about it though,
one thing i saw a few times the other day that id not seen before, when i was exploring takeo province, 5000r massage joints, the price was attractive but the girls and venue were far from, splashed out on a 10,000r one instead :wink:
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
Carmelita
Expatriate

Post by Carmelita »

Jamie_Lambo wrote:i quite often get off the beaten path but not hipster enough to write a blog about it, come meet me in a bar and ill tell you all about it though,
one thing i saw a few times the other day that id not seen before, when i was exploring takeo province, 5000r massage joints, the price was attractive but the girls and venue were far from, splashed out on a 10,000r one instead :wink:
Happyy ending?

My mate thinks 150000 rieil is cheap in Australia for a hour massage.
ConsequenceFish
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by ConsequenceFish »

General Mackevili wrote:
ConsequenceFish wrote:
kiwiincambodia wrote:

He kinda reminds me of a more aggro Principal PC from South Park.

Wonder if he bumps into Khmer440 guys all the time and they say anything, lol.

That is cool u play by the common man rules.
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Post by General Mackevili »

Jamie_Lambo wrote:i quite often get off the beaten path but not hipster enough to write a blog about it, come meet me in a bar and ill tell you all about it though,
I always think I found a 5,000 Riel massage joint, but it always ends up being 5,000 for some other shit, like those blood-sucking cups, coining or something.

One of the places I went for a great massage was those 8,000 places near the Russian market on that street that hits Monivong. 50 year old water buffalos with strong hands. Only went a few times because although the massage was great, it was as fucking ghetto as you could get. Usually a broken ass fan with a long row of motodops getting rub-downs and suction cups on their backs. And if they weren't on the phone blabbing away, they were watching crap videos on their phones at full volume; probably watching that Cambodian comedian with the Hitler mustache or something.

Image Image
ConsequenceFish wrote:
General Mackevili wrote:
ConsequenceFish wrote:
kiwiincambodia wrote:

He kinda reminds me of a more aggro Principal PC from South Park.

Wonder if he bumps into Khmer440 guys all the time and they say anything, lol.

That is cool u play by the common man rules.
I watch his videos quite often on YouTube, as he can be pretty entertaining sometimes. Seems like he's goes out of his way to look like an idiot, and successful at it, I might add.

He also seems to be apologizing to everyone these days, which is kind of stupid as his motto is something close to "go fuck yourself" or "I don't give a fuck."

I might be wrong about this, but I think a lot of people would rather post on a Cambodian forum as opposed to their own Cambodian blog. If you have a blog, the whole thing is mainly focused upon you and you have to start enough cool topics yourself to keep things active, but if you post something cool on a forum like this, there's already a bunch of people here and I would think you're a lot more likely to get others involved, etc.

And there's no pressure on here for any one person to continually contribute, as there are many others as well, and things usually stay lively one way or another.

If I had a blog, I think I'd post every entry here on CEO with a link to my blog. You'd probably get a lot of interest on here, and then people who were especially interested would follow you over to your blog.

Meh, maybe that's just me.
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

LTD used to have a great blog, but blogs in themselves dont make money AND than you need constantly post new info, stories , doing something that attracts peoples interest ( around the world bicycle trip) etc
Just posting news and shit wont cut it.
Than u need find a way to attract people (ur url in ur sig file on the dozens forms ur on) emails, a opt in newsletter etc etc
PLUS than u need to find away to turn your visitors into an income ( affiliate program) but even than ur talking a long hard road
Plenty of sites will tell you "how to make money on the web"
NICHE marketing, think OUTSIDE the box

Ur years late to get any kind of good ranking ( agoda /booking.com have over 300,000 affiliates each)
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by frank lee bent »

ebay also pays affiliate marketers, so you can choose a category- diamonds for example and make a website devoted to that category and blog about it.
there is software out there that will auto populate your site with items you select or that auto select based on value averages ( better than average price, sales closures, etc ) and you can subscribe to terapeak to see who the top sellers are with highest prices etc.

that way, you do not have to mess around with actual goods, and all the shipping hassles.

it is not for me, but some do well with it.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic