Best Way to Disable 6 Asian Runts ?

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
TheGrinchSR
Expatriate

Re: Best Way to Disable 6 Asian Runts ?

Post by TheGrinchSR »

Jamie_Lambo wrote:
TheGrinchSR wrote:
It also doesn't matter what kind of training you have or how big you are... if they all bundle on you (armed or not) with intent; you're getting a kicking. It's only in the movies where a lone guy batters a dozen men. In real life, the guy loses his teeth if not his life...
not all the time, 1 guy who knows how to fight can take on a number of people that dont, 1 guy who has the confidence in his ability to fight can fend off numerous people who "think" they can fight, heres a good video to watch

in the heat of the moment people fight upon instinct, thats why people throw wild haymakers etc, a trained martial artist is trained to fight on instinct, its programmed in
It's possible but unlikely. Even the video ends with a warning that even trained professionals get the shit kicked out of them in those situations. With 6 the most likely thing to happen is being surrounded... and at that point you're going to lose. No matter how skilled you are; you don't have eyes in the back of your head. I was trained in several martial arts when I was younger (I was even pretty good at some of them) and while I'd be happy to deal with 2-3 people... more than that and I'm going to run if I can. (Or technically nowadays I guess the right term is "waddle at speed"). In the two fight sequences on that video of professional fighters; all the opponents are essentially squaring up "one on one" which is jolly generous of them but I wouldn't rely on it anywhere and I really wouldn't rely on it in Asia where mob handed usually involves everyone piling in at once.
"If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever." - George Orwell
Samouth
Expatriate
Burundi

Post by Samouth »

I have never been in the fighting before or i should say i have never fought anyone before, however i was bullied once when i was at high school. It was the second day in grade 10 at Sihanoukivlle high school.

My suggestion, just don't get so drunk when you fight with them. :D
បើសិនធ្វើចេះ ចេះឲ្យគេកោត បើសិនធ្វើឆោត ឆោតឲ្យគេអាណិត។

If you know a lot, know enough to make them respect you, if you are stupid, be stupid enough so they can pity you.
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

shnoukieBRO wrote:
Duncan wrote:I remember many years ago a German girl who backpacked through South America , was telling me the only time in her travels that she feared for her life was when she was attacked by two guys. She stabbed one of them in the eye with a pen , then again in the other eye, while the second guy helped his blinded mate get away.

She had it drummed into her by her father before she left , should you ever get into trouble, go for the eyes, go for the eyes, go for the eyes,
Wow, did that girl tell you why she was attacked? did they just want to steal her money, or was it worse. I hope she didn't stab his eyes out over a bit of money?

I cannot remember all the details she told me as it was about the year 1985, over 30 years ago when I started a backpackers accommodation on a farm I owned on the coast. Image

Gee I was a handsome bastard back then.
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

TheGrinchSR wrote:
Jamie_Lambo wrote:
TheGrinchSR wrote:
It also doesn't matter what kind of training you have or how big you are... if they all bundle on you (armed or not) with intent; you're getting a kicking. It's only in the movies where a lone guy batters a dozen men. In real life, the guy loses his teeth if not his life...
not all the time, 1 guy who knows how to fight can take on a number of people that dont, 1 guy who has the confidence in his ability to fight can fend off numerous people who "think" they can fight, heres a good video to watch

in the heat of the moment people fight upon instinct, thats why people throw wild haymakers etc, a trained martial artist is trained to fight on instinct, its programmed in
It's possible but unlikely. Even the video ends with a warning that even trained professionals get the shit kicked out of them in those situations. With 6 the most likely thing to happen is being surrounded... and at that point you're going to lose. No matter how skilled you are; you don't have eyes in the back of your head. I was trained in several martial arts when I was younger (I was even pretty good at some of them) and while I'd be happy to deal with 2-3 people... more than that and I'm going to run if I can. (Or technically nowadays I guess the right term is "waddle at speed"). In the two fight sequences on that video of professional fighters; all the opponents are essentially squaring up "one on one" which is jolly generous of them but I wouldn't rely on it anywhere and I really wouldn't rely on it in Asia where mob handed usually involves everyone piling in at once.
im not sure it you took the time to watch/understand the video properly...
revert back to

Golden Rule #3 Keep vision of you surroundings
"even in what appears to be a 1 vs 1 altercation its critical to keep vision of the surrounding, preferably your back is faced towards none of the attacking peers. even better keep your back facing completely open space, this prevents blind spots and sucker punches, ensuring not only safe space to move back but also an escape route"

Golden Rule #4 Eye for indicators and set boundaries
"Hesitation is always dangerous, but espeshially so when dealing with multiple opponents, Keep space first. If thats impossible and they show indicators of aggression or cross your personal space, strike decisively"

Golden Rule #6
"If you are facing multiple opponents chasing after you, you are forced to move backwards, this works in sync with Rule #3 Keeping vision of your surroundings. It is difficult for them to attack simultaneously when in line, allowing you to momentarily deal with them one by one, the key is singular (1-2), balanced, decisive shots that allow you to keep moving back after."

a lot of these are basic street smarts but ill elaborate for those who dont know....
Rule #3 - referring back to your comment, it is key in any street fight situation to not allow yourself to be surrounded, dont get boxed in, keep moving, its much harder to hit a moving target, be aware of your surroundings, make sure youve clocked every hostile in the surrounding area, be on your toes ready to either throw the first punch or make a swift exit stage left, if youre a sitting duck, you lose!

Rule #4 as i said in the previous rule, be on your toes ie. be ready, be like a gun thats been cocked and ready to pull the trigger, make sure you keep your "personal space" basically out of striking distance, keep backing off and keeping that space, until that moment when someone steps into that space then fire, step back, regain that space, then fire again, if you hesitate, you lose

Rule #6 carrying on from the previous rule and adding rule #3 also, keeping aware of your space behind you keep backing off, this stops you from being surrounded and also draws your opponents into a more manageable format where you can pick them off more effectively 1 by 1, but the key is keeping your space, if you allow yourself to get smothered, you lose

as both you and the video mentioned there are variable factors and its not saying if you follow these rules you wont get beat up, but all this shit is 2nd nature to me, ive been in more street fights than i care to remember, in my teens i was also involved heavily in the football hooligan scene, where following these rules were essential ive been involved in fights 60 vs 25 and had our arses handed to us etc while i turned my back on all that a long time ago i learnt some valuable lessons
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
juansweetpotato
Expatriate

Post by juansweetpotato »

Jamie_Lambo wrote:
TheGrinchSR wrote:

Great video :thumb: Especially the important points because they are ...well...important. However, nowhere does it say you should get into lowwww-running. That saved me once at Notting Hill Carnival when my bro took me through All Saints Rd on the last song of the last night.

Fully crowded street with hip-hop blaring, and all the 16 yo black guys pushing their fingers in the air and going "oo, oo, oo, oo". I suddenly felt lots of hands in my pockets, and lots of fists trying to hit my head and face. Trouble is they were all as tiny as Asians, and the shots were just on top of each other. No power to them as they were mainly hitting each other's fists. It was like getting slapped on the back of the head.

I just dropped at the waist and went into Richard Pryor low-running. Unfortunately, I was running so hard after I broke through the crowd, I accidentally bolted into a guy walking down the street and body slammed him hard into a car. Poor guy. I lost my glasses and a tenner. That's all.

I had another mass attack by more than 20 people onto one (well, you know me). The one thing I guess I got from both of these encounters was that the attackers are so sure of themselves because of their numbers and fondness for violence, they get over-exited at the easy kill. Kinda like when British teens pick on the blind or elderly. They go into a kind of collective feeding-frenzy. They mainly end up hurting each other trying to get to you.

I hate fighting, always have. Those are very rare times in my life where I put myself into stupid situations.

The guy started that fight in the vid by violently pushing the Thai guy out of his way. The old woman escalated it through more ignorance and even compounded her gob-shite with a hard slap to the Thais face. This ain't Manchester. Thai men hit women.
Last edited by juansweetpotato on Thu Apr 28, 2016 5:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"Can you spare some cutter for an old man?"
juansweetpotato
Expatriate

Duncan wrote: Gee I was a handsome bastard back then.

Down Shep! Down! :thumb:
SinnSisamouth
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by SinnSisamouth »

like a young jimmy saville.
i am on these blocked lists;
pucketrichard
hotdgr
sailorman
rozzieoz
stroppychops

:fuckyou:
juansweetpotato
Expatriate

SinnSisamouth wrote:like a young jimmy saville.
lol. or this

kiwiincambodia
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by kiwiincambodia »

SinnSisamouth wrote:like a young jimmy saville.
bolueeleh
Expatriate

Post by bolueeleh »

During my younger n wilder days, i always wear my heavy belt buckle that weighs a ton
Money is not the problem, the problem is no money
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic