Cheap Entertainment, Train SKV/Kampot, R/T

Do you have a Cambodian trip report you want to share? Post it here, and feel free to link to your blog if it's a travel blog for Cambodia, South East Asia, or anywhere really. You can ask and answer questions about travel advice in Cambodia or just share your pictures and videos with us. Most people who live in or visit Cambodia have also checked out nearby countries like Vietnam, Thailand, Laos, Myanmar, Malaysia, Indonesia and the Philippines, and you can get to most of these countries by traveling overland, so put any travel plans, reviews or questions here. Discussions about dirt bike trails in here as well.
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: Cheap Entertainment, Train SKV/Kampot, R/T

Post by frank lee bent »

thanks for the report SM
:beer3:
Bitte_Kein_Lexus
Expatriate

Post by Bitte_Kein_Lexus »

Excellent report. I figure they should have sent 30 staff or so to Thailand, India or some similar place for three weeks so that they have an idea of how it all works. Otherwise it's completely alien to even the workers, so things are bound to go wrong. Seems like a good deal for $3, though 2.5 hours is pretty long for that stretch.

Great report and pictures.
Ex Bitteeinbit/LexusSchmexus
Barang_doa_slae
The Dark Horse
Cambodia

Post by Barang_doa_slae »

The fish market restaurant where SM experienced terrible service was bought and renovated by a barang at a very high cost... :facepalm:

Anyway thanks indeed for the pleasant review SM but did I understood correctly that you did this as a day trip ? Why not stay a night or more in kampot ?
Bitte_Kein_Lexus
Expatriate

Post by Bitte_Kein_Lexus »

Certainly took forever to renovate and it seems like they're still working out the kinks.
Ex Bitteeinbit/LexusSchmexus
Sailorman
Expatriate

Post by Sailorman »

I did it as a day trip because I had already driven to Kampot and stayed a couple days a month ago, and just wanted to ride the rails for a day trip. I hear the Fish Market restaurant is owned by an Australian. I hope he has lots of money to get him through the low season otherwise I don't see it making it, and even if he makes it to high season, his staff will sink him. With a one room restaurant, why would you use computer tablets for orders? As in the service, the menu wasn't very good either.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic