A Natural Waterfall Hidden in the Mountains of Kampong Chhnang Province

Do you have a Cambodian trip report you want to share? Post it here, and feel free to link to your blog if it's a travel blog for Cambodia, South East Asia, or anywhere really. You can ask and answer questions about travel advice in Cambodia or just share your pictures and videos with us. Most people who live in or visit Cambodia have also checked out nearby countries like Vietnam, Thailand, Laos, Myanmar, Malaysia, Indonesia and the Philippines, and you can get to most of these countries by traveling overland, so put any travel plans, reviews or questions here. Discussions about dirt bike trails in here as well.
SinnSisamouth
Expatriate
Ireland

Re: A Natural Waterfall Hidden in the Mountains of Kampong Chhnang Province

Post by SinnSisamouth »

i read somewhere that el nino has caused more damage to the reef than humans?

something like that anyway

i suppose someone will be along soon to say humans caused el nino
i am on these blocked lists;
pucketrichard
hotdgr
sailorman
rozzieoz
stroppychops

:fuckyou:
gavinbrisbane
Expatriate

Post by gavinbrisbane »

In actual Fact - Did you Know the company by the name of "PEABODY" (not sure if I have spelt it correctly) just went into Bankruptcy today - a Coal Company (apparently one - if not the largest in Australia - I had applied to work with them a few years ago, then you have got the Nickel Mine - "Clive Palmers" has just gone down - Townsville + the run off into natural waterways, Look at Emerald - I did work for Rio out there, look at Blackwater, ummm Gladstone is going down slowly..... that is just for starters... all within the past 3 years.....and I am being 'nice' within my time frame....

Where the new money is in "lithium" - for these new battery powered cars - strangely enough - Australia is supposed to have more than 25% easily accessible world reserves!!

So ----- What does that mean????

Not trying to argue, just pointing out a few facts, the hunt for resources over the environment will still continue......

As a human race, that is what we do, we exploit what is available.........

Forests in Cambodia are another resource, unfortunately it affects the water platform in the environment.... It is a fact.....
Bitte_Kein_Lexus
Expatriate

Post by Bitte_Kein_Lexus »

That last picture of a recent clear cut and a dusty road is definitely an enticing one... I suspect the article says "rapids" rather than waterfall (teuk chou vs teuk thle).
Ex Bitteeinbit/LexusSchmexus
ot mien kampf
Expatriate

Post by ot mien kampf »

CEOCambodiaNews wrote:Kampong Chhnang: Sre Ampel waterfall site is a place where the water falls down from the mountain valleys after hundreds of kilometers, covered with the natural shadow of the forest. It is located at northern Oral mountain at Kdol village, Krang Skea commune, district district, Kampong Chhnang province.

The provincial authority has been discovering and managing the site for tourists to visit next future. Mr Seng Saly, a president of provincial tourism department raised a point on April 5, 2016 that this waterfall site is located at northern Kampong Chhnang town about 64 Km where there are many waterfall sites that the water flows from the valleys to make the condition easy to create natural tourist sites for people to swim and meet friends and family.

During the last dry season, there was not much water to swim in because the tourist community at Pusat province has stopped the water dam. However, they promise to drain the water after Sre Apel waterfall was developed and created. So no matter what seasons it will be, people can always go to swim at Sre Ampel waterfall.

Looks like a piddly little drain tbh. I've seen similar off the side of highways.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic