Buying a motorcycle in Stung Treng

Have a car, truck, motorcycle, or bicycle you'd like to sell? List it here for free. Heck, you can even buy and sell tuktuks or your pink Scoopy here. Remember, you need a driver's license in Cambodia for cars, trucks, and any motorbike that's over 125cc. And always wear a helmet!
JakobKH
Tourist

Re: Buying a motorcycle in Stung Treng

Post by JakobKH »

Wil do!
AE86
Expatriate
Japan

Post by AE86 »

Here's a link to an article I wrote on buying cheap bikes, to give you an idea. And this bike only lasted 25 minutes before needing repairs.

This was a $490 bike.
[Khmer440 link removed.]
-insert signature here
JakobKH
Tourist

Post by JakobKH »

Ah, right. Well, thanks a bunch for the help!
gavinbrisbane
Expatriate

Post by gavinbrisbane »

Very informative

Thanks AE86.....

I had EXACTLY the same bike in Thailand - have been everywhere on the thing - last count was around 100,000 klms - obviously had it since new, always serviced, looked after etc. Still sheltered, at my old man's house.

That second hand thing you kindly shared looks like an absolute PIG of a thing! I would have picked up quite a few of the faults you pointed out and alarm bells would have been raised, I would have equally missed out on other bits and pieces - good refresher!

I was curious as to know how come some second hand bikes can be that cheap - now I know exactly why!

Correct me if I am wrong, a new Honda bike is around $1500-$2000 anyway right??

:beer:
JakobKH
Tourist

Post by JakobKH »

Decided not to buy one since my expectations didn't match the reality of the situation (as usual), but thank you all so much for the help!
beaker
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by beaker »

Or buy a bike someone has brought from Vietnam they don't have Cambodian plates or taxes paid and go for real cheap and will be able to use for 7 days
"i'm the one who has to die, when it's time for me to die, so let me live my life the way i want to"
jimi hendrix
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic