New 2016 ATM processing charges

Whether you're a working stiff or a business owner yourself, this is the place to discuss all aspects of financing your drinking habit ;-)

NO BUSINESS SALES HERE PLEASE, WE HAVE A SECTION FOR THAT IN THE CLASSIFIEDS.
beaker
Expatriate
Cambodia

New 2016 ATM processing charges

Post by beaker »

Not sure if this is only visa card from states but seems to be changes on Khmer side

The banks are now submitting transaction as 1 debit transaction where as before 2016 they where submitted as 2 i.e.
Withdraw $500. Have 1 debit for $500 and a $5 bank charge as a separate debits from account
Now
The are lumped together as one transaction, try to withdraw $500 and a single transaction for $505 without you knowing and that puts it over the $500 limit set by bank.
You are just told your bank is temporarily unavailable and card gets rejected

Tried for 3 days till i finally called the bank in states and they told me what was happening.
Had to withdraw $480 to be under the $500 limit at $485
"i'm the one who has to die, when it's time for me to die, so let me live my life the way i want to"
jimi hendrix
ExPenhMan
Expatriate
Canada

Re: New 2016 ATM processing charges

Post by ExPenhMan »

What Cambodian bank ATMs? Many different ones or just the one? This could apply to other nationals, too.
Luigi
Expatriate

Post by Luigi »

What is the reasoning behind that idea.
beaker
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by beaker »

Have no idea why ,tho it does streamline the process by only one debit instead of two. Maybe the US bank started charging it as 2 transactions don't know. I try 3 banks ABA,ANZ & Canadia was rejected at all 3 till i figured out why and lowered amonut to sta below limit which also includes charges
"i'm the one who has to die, when it's time for me to die, so let me live my life the way i want to"
jimi hendrix
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic