Best Automatic Moto

Got a question, idea, etc that doesn't fit in anywhere else? No problem. Just a simple place to chat.
User avatar
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Posts: 7503
Joined: Mon Apr 20, 2015 10:34 am
Karma: 0
Location: Sihanoukville
Contact:

Re: Best Automatic Moto

Postby Jamie_Lambo » Fri Apr 07, 2017 5:50 pm

SinnSisamouth wrote:
Thu Apr 06, 2017 5:21 pm
that looks like an exciter!

went to buy some gearbox oil for my mates auto scooter at the dealer in pp and they would not sell me any! "bring moto in we do.$15"! wtf,for 100ml of oil!!!!!

bought some car gear oil (its the same thing.just used to lubricate gears) for $3 for 1 liter.took 10 mins

bastards!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Je4p5QGstV8
Ter Mtes Aii Na Del Min Chas Hel
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :fuckyou:
User avatar
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Posts: 7503
Joined: Mon Apr 20, 2015 10:34 am
Karma: 0
Location: Sihanoukville
Contact:

Re: Best Automatic Moto

Postby Jamie_Lambo » Fri Apr 07, 2017 5:55 pm

Raybull wrote:
Fri Apr 07, 2017 5:42 pm
AE86 wrote:
Fri Apr 07, 2017 1:40 am
Raybull wrote:
Thu Apr 06, 2017 11:49 pm
...and the PCX will be a chore to sell it seems.
They're actually really easy to sell as lots of rich Khmer and Viet like them. Put for sale slightly lower than the median asking price and you'll be set.

Put mine up for sale in the mourning, was gone before lunchtime.
Interesting, the ones I see on FB groups languish forever, maybe they're asking too much. I also very rarely see Khmers diving them, might be different in other cities though.
i see loads of khmers riding them in PP
ive seen a number down here too but not as common
i took one for a test drive before
Ter Mtes Aii Na Del Min Chas Hel
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :fuckyou:
User avatar
Jacobincambodia
Expatriate
Posts: 377
Joined: Sun May 11, 2014 5:03 pm
Karma: 0
Contact:

Re: Best Automatic Moto

Postby Jacobincambodia » Fri Apr 07, 2017 5:59 pm

Raybull wrote:
Jacobincambodia wrote:
Thu Apr 06, 2017 9:05 pm
AE86 wrote:My first choice for an auto in Cambodia would actually be a Today with stronger shocks installed. Giant underseat storage, flat floor for water tanks/boxes/whatever, and the build quality is a bit stronger than NCX, Thai, Viet bikes.

My second choice would be a Lead 110.

I'm riding around on a 17' Airblade 125 right now (Viet built and plated), and it's a decent bike for what would be $1700 usd in Cambodia.

The PCX I'd steer clear of unless you shell out the money for a nearly new one. I personally did not like mine (2013' 150cc) as it was too low, too heavy, and too big for my liking in Cambodia.

The Airblade and Click are very similar and I believe use the same motor.

NCX bikes are "Made in Cambodia", which means they're assembled from knock down kits (box of parts).

Appreciate the info!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yep. I'll just add the airblade has two rear spring shocks while the Click only one, and the build quality of airblades (from Vietnam) is questionable whereas Click i believe are mostly Thai made, although the NCX is now available. Airblades are the moto of choice for the majority of foreigners, and the PCX will be a chore to sell it seems.
Why is having one shock vs two a good thing?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
User avatar
Jacobincambodia
Expatriate
Posts: 377
Joined: Sun May 11, 2014 5:03 pm
Karma: 0
Contact:

Re: Best Automatic Moto

Postby Jacobincambodia » Fri Apr 07, 2017 7:14 pm

I think I've decided on the Click. Ha! Next question, what is the going rate? I'm getting around $1500 for 2016 with no tags. Can I do the tags on my own later?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
User avatar
Duncan
Sir Duncan
Posts: 2491
Joined: Tue Jun 03, 2014 8:22 pm
Karma: 0
Location: Wonder Why Central

Re: Best Automatic Moto

Postby Duncan » Fri Apr 07, 2017 7:24 pm

Jacobincambodia wrote:
Fri Apr 07, 2017 5:59 pm
Raybull wrote:
Jacobincambodia wrote:
Thu Apr 06, 2017 9:05 pm
AE86 wrote:My first choice for an auto in Cambodia would actually be a Today with stronger shocks installed. Giant underseat storage, flat floor for water tanks/boxes/whatever, and the build quality is a bit stronger than NCX, Thai, Viet bikes.

My second choice would be a Lead 110.

I'm riding around on a 17' Airblade 125 right now (Viet built and plated), and it's a decent bike for what would be $1700 usd in Cambodia.

The PCX I'd steer clear of unless you shell out the money for a nearly new one. I personally did not like mine (2013' 150cc) as it was too low, too heavy, and too big for my liking in Cambodia.

The Airblade and Click are very similar and I believe use the same motor.

NCX bikes are "Made in Cambodia", which means they're assembled from knock down kits (box of parts).

Appreciate the info!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yep. I'll just add the airblade has two rear spring shocks while the Click only one, and the build quality of airblades (from Vietnam) is questionable whereas Click i believe are mostly Thai made, although the NCX is now available. Airblades are the moto of choice for the majority of foreigners, and the PCX will be a chore to sell it seems.
Why is having one shock vs two a good thing?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I dont know much about moto's, and I dont like the idea of having one shocker. But i guess it's like asking, '' why is having 3 hinges on a door better than two'' ? Two work perfectly ok but we are brainwashed into thinking
more is better.
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
User avatar
Raybull
Expatriate
Posts: 1094
Joined: Sat Jun 06, 2015 11:54 am
Karma: 0

Re: Best Automatic Moto

Postby Raybull » Fri Apr 07, 2017 7:57 pm

Jacobincambodia wrote:
Fri Apr 07, 2017 5:59 pm
Raybull wrote:
Jacobincambodia wrote:
Thu Apr 06, 2017 9:05 pm
AE86 wrote:My first choice for an auto in Cambodia would actually be a Today with stronger shocks installed. Giant underseat storage, flat floor for water tanks/boxes/whatever, and the build quality is a bit stronger than NCX, Thai, Viet bikes.

My second choice would be a Lead 110.

I'm riding around on a 17' Airblade 125 right now (Viet built and plated), and it's a decent bike for what would be $1700 usd in Cambodia.

The PCX I'd steer clear of unless you shell out the money for a nearly new one. I personally did not like mine (2013' 150cc) as it was too low, too heavy, and too big for my liking in Cambodia.

The Airblade and Click are very similar and I believe use the same motor.

NCX bikes are "Made in Cambodia", which means they're assembled from knock down kits (box of parts).

Appreciate the info!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yep. I'll just add the airblade has two rear spring shocks while the Click only one, and the build quality of airblades (from Vietnam) is questionable whereas Click i believe are mostly Thai made, although the NCX is now available. Airblades are the moto of choice for the majority of foreigners, and the PCX will be a chore to sell it seems.
Why is having one shock vs two a good thing?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Two is obviously better in this case.
User avatar
Raybull
Expatriate
Posts: 1094
Joined: Sat Jun 06, 2015 11:54 am
Karma: 0

Re: Best Automatic Moto

Postby Raybull » Fri Apr 07, 2017 8:07 pm

Duncan wrote:
Fri Apr 07, 2017 7:24 pm
Jacobincambodia wrote:
Fri Apr 07, 2017 5:59 pm
Raybull wrote:
Jacobincambodia wrote:
Thu Apr 06, 2017 9:05 pm
AE86 wrote:My first choice for an auto in Cambodia would actually be a Today with stronger shocks installed. Giant underseat storage, flat floor for water tanks/boxes/whatever, and the build quality is a bit stronger than NCX, Thai, Viet bikes.

My second choice would be a Lead 110.

I'm riding around on a 17' Airblade 125 right now (Viet built and plated), and it's a decent bike for what would be $1700 usd in Cambodia.

The PCX I'd steer clear of unless you shell out the money for a nearly new one. I personally did not like mine (2013' 150cc) as it was too low, too heavy, and too big for my liking in Cambodia.

The Airblade and Click are very similar and I believe use the same motor.

NCX bikes are "Made in Cambodia", which means they're assembled from knock down kits (box of parts).

Appreciate the info!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yep. I'll just add the airblade has two rear spring shocks while the Click only one, and the build quality of airblades (from Vietnam) is questionable whereas Click i believe are mostly Thai made, although the NCX is now available. Airblades are the moto of choice for the majority of foreigners, and the PCX will be a chore to sell it seems.
Why is having one shock vs two a good thing?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I dont know much about moto's, and I dont like the idea of having one shocker. But i guess it's like asking, '' why is having 3 hinges on a door better than two'' ? Two work perfectly ok but we are brainwashed into thinking
more is better.
When you hang solid wood doors, you need three.
User avatar
Jacobincambodia
Expatriate
Posts: 377
Joined: Sun May 11, 2014 5:03 pm
Karma: 0
Contact:

Re: Best Automatic Moto

Postby Jacobincambodia » Fri Apr 07, 2017 8:33 pm

Ok last question. Best moto shop in Sihanoukville.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
User avatar
Raybull
Expatriate
Posts: 1094
Joined: Sat Jun 06, 2015 11:54 am
Karma: 0

Re: Best Automatic Moto

Postby Raybull » Fri Apr 07, 2017 8:51 pm

Jacobincambodia wrote:
Fri Apr 07, 2017 8:33 pm
Ok last question. Best moto shop in Sihanoukville.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Honda dealership :unknown:
User avatar
Jacobincambodia
Expatriate
Posts: 377
Joined: Sun May 11, 2014 5:03 pm
Karma: 0
Contact:

Re: Best Automatic Moto

Postby Jacobincambodia » Fri Apr 07, 2017 8:52 pm

Raybull wrote:
Jacobincambodia wrote:
Fri Apr 07, 2017 8:33 pm
Ok last question. Best moto shop in Sihanoukville.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Honda dealership :unknown:
Yup, aware of that option. Didn't know if someone knew of a 3rd party that has good inventory.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “General Chatter”



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 43 guests