Best Automatic Moto

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Re: Best Automatic Moto

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

SinnSisamouth wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2017 5:21 pm that looks like an exciter!

went to buy some gearbox oil for my mates auto scooter at the dealer in pp and they would not sell me any! "bring moto in we do.$15"! wtf,for 100ml of oil!!!!!

bought some car gear oil (its the same thing.just used to lubricate gears) for $3 for 1 liter.took 10 mins

bastards!
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

Raybull wrote: Fri Apr 07, 2017 5:42 pm
AE86 wrote: Fri Apr 07, 2017 1:40 am
Raybull wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2017 11:49 pm...and the PCX will be a chore to sell it seems.
They're actually really easy to sell as lots of rich Khmer and Viet like them. Put for sale slightly lower than the median asking price and you'll be set.

Put mine up for sale in the mourning, was gone before lunchtime.
Interesting, the ones I see on FB groups languish forever, maybe they're asking too much. I also very rarely see Khmers diving them, might be different in other cities though.
i see loads of khmers riding them in PP
ive seen a number down here too but not as common
i took one for a test drive before
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
Jacobincambodia
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Jacobincambodia »

Raybull wrote:
Jacobincambodia wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2017 9:05 pm
AE86 wrote:My first choice for an auto in Cambodia would actually be a Today with stronger shocks installed. Giant underseat storage, flat floor for water tanks/boxes/whatever, and the build quality is a bit stronger than NCX, Thai, Viet bikes.

My second choice would be a Lead 110.

I'm riding around on a 17' Airblade 125 right now (Viet built and plated), and it's a decent bike for what would be $1700 usd in Cambodia.

The PCX I'd steer clear of unless you shell out the money for a nearly new one. I personally did not like mine (2013' 150cc) as it was too low, too heavy, and too big for my liking in Cambodia.

The Airblade and Click are very similar and I believe use the same motor.

NCX bikes are "Made in Cambodia", which means they're assembled from knock down kits (box of parts).

Appreciate the info!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yep. I'll just add the airblade has two rear spring shocks while the Click only one, and the build quality of airblades (from Vietnam) is questionable whereas Click i believe are mostly Thai made, although the NCX is now available. Airblades are the moto of choice for the majority of foreigners, and the PCX will be a chore to sell it seems.
Why is having one shock vs two a good thing?

Jacobincambodia
Expatriate
United States of America

I think I've decided on the Click. Ha! Next question, what is the going rate? I'm getting around $1500 for 2016 with no tags. Can I do the tags on my own later?

Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

Jacobincambodia wrote: Fri Apr 07, 2017 5:59 pm
Raybull wrote:
AE86 wrote:My first choice for an auto in Cambodia would actually be a Today with stronger shocks installed. Giant underseat storage, flat floor for water tanks/boxes/whatever, and the build quality is a bit stronger than NCX, Thai, Viet bikes.

I'm riding around on a 17' Airblade 125 right now (Viet built and plated), and it's a decent bike for what would be $1700 usd in Cambodia.

The PCX I'd steer clear of unless you shell out the money for a nearly new one. I personally did not like mine (2013' 150cc) as it was too low, too heavy, and too big for my liking in Cambodia.

NCX bikes are "Made in Cambodia", which means they're assembled from knock down kits (box of parts).

Appreciate the info!

Yep. I'll just add the airblade has two rear spring shocks while the Click only one, and the build quality of airblades (from Vietnam) is questionable whereas Click i believe are mostly Thai made, although the NCX is now available. Airblades are the moto of choice for the majority of foreigners, and the PCX will be a chore to sell it seems.

I dont know much about moto's, and I dont like the idea of having one shocker. But i guess it's like asking, '' why is having 3 hinges on a door better than two'' ? Two work perfectly ok but we are brainwashed into thinking
more is better.
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
Raybull
Expatriate

Post by Raybull »

Raybull wrote:

Appreciate the info!

Two is obviously better in this case.
Raybull
Expatriate

Post by Raybull »

Duncan wrote: Fri Apr 07, 2017 7:24 pm
Raybull wrote:

Appreciate the info!

I dont know much about moto's, and I dont like the idea of having one shocker. But i guess it's like asking, '' why is having 3 hinges on a door better than two'' ? Two work perfectly ok but we are brainwashed into thinking
more is better.
When you hang solid wood doors, you need three.
Jacobincambodia
Expatriate
United States of America

Ok last question. Best moto shop in Sihanoukville.

Raybull
Expatriate

Post by Raybull »

Jacobincambodia wrote: Fri Apr 07, 2017 8:33 pm Ok last question. Best moto shop in Sihanoukville.

Honda dealership :unknown:
Jacobincambodia
Expatriate
United States of America

Raybull wrote:
Jacobincambodia wrote: Fri Apr 07, 2017 8:33 pm Ok last question. Best moto shop in Sihanoukville.

Honda dealership :unknown:
Yup, aware of that option. Didn't know if someone knew of a 3rd party that has good inventory.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic