Best Automatic Moto

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Re: Best Automatic Moto

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

Kuroneko wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2017 12:41 pm
SinnSisamouth wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2017 11:36 am hondas r overrated and overpriced

I would go yamaha or suzuki
Agreed, I run a Yamaha Jupiter at present, bought new about 4 years ago, I am very happy with it, it is a very responsive bike to ride. Yamaha race these bikes and there are a lot of add on race parts available.

However the upgrade to the Jupiter is the Exciter, looks like my old bike but this is 150cc with front and rear discs. If I can get hold of one here I might buy.

Yamaha has officially launched a new motor that is claimed to be the successor yamaha jupiter mx later. The first country to have the honor to launch this bike for the first time is vietnam.
New Engine Capacity 150cc Fuel Injection - Yamaha Exciter 150 is getting an injection of new engine that are larger than the previous version (135 cc) which is 150 cc, 4 Step, 4 stroke, SOHC, 5 speed with a liquid cooling system. The machine is capable of removing up to a maximum power of 11.3 kW (15.4 PS) / 8500 rpm and torque of 13.8 Nm makimal up (1.4 kgf.m) / 7000 rpm. Yamaha exciter can exceed the speed of new vixion by scoring the speed at 136 km / h. Where to new vixion Indonesia only able to cover a top speed of around 132 km / hour. http://specifications-price123.blogspot ... amaha.html
ive seen them yamahas before, they look great but didnt know if they were any good or not, i did love my dream but it got pinched :(
now im driving around on Bolueeleh's Phantom
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
Rama
Expatriate

Post by Rama »

I used to drive a Yamaha Spark 135, my favourite small bike I've ridden in Cambodia. Looks similar to the Yamaha 150cc Jupiter above which I've seen recently on Phnom Penh streets. Big tyres, but looks similar to the Spark. Doesn't​ the Jupiter have a clutch lever?(like the Spark)

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk

SinnSisamouth
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by SinnSisamouth »

I have an exelo and it was the only one to get through a flood.that and a step!
i am on these blocked lists;
pucketrichard
hotdgr
sailorman
rozzieoz
stroppychops

:fuckyou:
Kuroneko
Expatriate

Post by Kuroneko »

Rama wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2017 2:22 pm I used to drive a Yamaha Spark 135, my favourite small bike I've ridden in Cambodia. Looks similar to the Yamaha 150cc Jupiter above which I've seen recently on Phnom Penh streets. Big tyres, but looks similar to the Spark. Doesn't​ the Jupiter have a clutch lever?(like the Spark)

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk
As far as I'm aware Yamaha do not import the 135 here. Here's the model lineup sold by Yamaha here: http://www.yamaha-motor.com.kh/english/lineup/ Note the manual spark means manual gears.

The Jupiter and spark sold in Yamaha dealers in Cambodia are automatic clutch and 115cc. The 135cc version sold in Thailand, Indonesia and Malaysia have an optional manual or automatic clutch. The manual clutch was discontinued last year. Did you get someone or yourself to import the 135 from Thailand? If I get the Exciter 150 it will probably have to come from Vietnam.
SinnSisamouth
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by SinnSisamouth »

just saw a exciter
nice bike with rear disc

non of them seem to have plates or tax on khmer24 just like the one I saw

the suzuki smash v is good but not the fi version
pucketrichard
hotdgr
sailorman
rozzieoz
stroppychops

Raybull
Expatriate

Post by Raybull »

Jacobincambodia wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2017 12:49 pm Yamaha has a dealership here in Sihanoukville?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Not anymore
Didn't know Honda officially sold Airblades here, must be new.
Jacobincambodia
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Jacobincambodia »

Raybull wrote:
Jacobincambodia wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2017 12:49 pm Yamaha has a dealership here in Sihanoukville?

Not anymore
They don't. I guess they are assembled in Vietnam/Thailand under Honda.

Raybull
Expatriate

Post by Raybull »

Jacobincambodia wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2017 4:01 pm
Raybull wrote:

Not anymore

Thought so! Clicks are made in Thailand, Airblades in either Vietnam or the better ones in Thailand.
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

Raybull wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2017 4:05 pm
Jacobincambodia wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2017 4:01 pm
Raybull wrote:

Not anymore

Thought so! Clicks are made in Thailand, Airblades in either Vietnam or the better ones in Thailand.
yeah the honda dealer in SHV has nothing to do with Airblades, dont even stock parts

in Vietnam they also have Honda Blades, which are semi auto
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
SinnSisamouth
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by SinnSisamouth »

that looks like an exciter!

went to buy some gearbox oil for my mates auto scooter at the dealer in pp and they would not sell me any! "bring moto in we do.$15"! wtf,for 100ml of oil!!!!!

bought some car gear oil (its the same thing.just used to lubricate gears) for $3 for 1 liter.took 10 mins

bastards!
pucketrichard
hotdgr
sailorman
rozzieoz
stroppychops

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic