So many Daves in SNV!

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Re: So many Daves in SNV!

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

riveraffront wrote:
Jamie_Lambo wrote:
riveraffront wrote:
Kuroneko wrote:
rozzieoz wrote:I'm sure Riveraffront thought he was being hilariously funny - personally I found the story about his missing $20 fan far more entertaining.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Maybe I am suffering a sense of humor failure today but making up asinine comments and ascribing them to other people is small minded and pathetic, but hardly surprising given the perpetrator. IMO this behavior should be met by immediate ban or time out. This would certainly be the case on TOF when run by KIR
Still, It's totally gay that you meet so many guys in bars. What are you looking for?
why do you care so much? about who meets up with who in whatever location
is it really gay to meet up with other blokes in hostess bars? i dont understand that logic, do you have any friends?
I'm friends with the khmer bloke who took you apart in the ring. Beat you like he was your daddy. Beat you like you owed him money.
What are you even doing in Cambodia? It's obvious you never went to university. I guess you do labor work in some depressing northern village to get enough cash to come over here to drink, met prostitutes, chat with dudes in bars, that is when you aren't getting embarrassed in the ring. You keep boxing real boxers and you're going to get hurt. Manc.
says the coward who asked me to go collect his $40 fan for him because you was too scared to go knock on his door
watch your mouth John
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
rozzieoz
Expatriate
Australia

Post by rozzieoz »

riveraffront wrote:
Jamie_Lambo wrote:
riveraffront wrote:
Kuroneko wrote:
rozzieoz wrote:I'm sure Riveraffront thought he was being hilariously funny - personally I found the story about his missing $20 fan far more entertaining.

Maybe I am suffering a sense of humor failure today but making up asinine comments and ascribing them to other people is small minded and pathetic, but hardly surprising given the perpetrator. IMO this behavior should be met by immediate ban or time out. This would certainly be the case on TOF when run by KIR
Still, It's totally gay that you meet so many guys in bars. What are you looking for?
why do you care so much? about who meets up with who in whatever location
is it really gay to meet up with other blokes in hostess bars? i dont understand that logic, do you have any friends?
I'm friends with the khmer bloke who took you apart in the ring. Beat you like he was your daddy. Beat you like you owed him money.
What are you even doing in Cambodia? It's obvious you never went to university. I guess you do labor work in some depressing northern village to get enough cash to come over here to drink, met prostitutes, chat with dudes in bars, that is when you aren't getting embarrassed in the ring. You keep boxing real boxers and you're going to get hurt. Manc.
Gosh, you really know how to win friends and influence people.

Once you've read the dictionary, every other book is just a remix.
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

taabarang wrote:Jamie certainly needs no one to defend him on this forum; he has established himself both as a solid person and as a reputable and fun loving participant.

"What are you even doing in Cambodia? It's obvious you never went to university."

Well I'd say he's having a lot of fun, especially with the locals and doing a damn fine job of learning their culture and language. I don't really care if he has a college degree or not. His intelligence is visible in his writing, his questions and answers reflect great credit upon himself and those who have raised and loved him.

I find it totally unimportant that he lost the fight. All fighters respect their opponents for they have undergone the same rigorous training and overcome their instinctive fears. There is no shame or embarrassment in loss, only disappointment. While we're on the subject of fighting I've noticed that you like to deal out cheap shots while warriors in the ring give and take damn good ones. In my village they call people like you klaa kluey which I will euphemistically translate as paper tiger. Since Jamie his has thrown his gloves in you might see him as a has been. I happen to see it as part of a continuing evolution. Certainly better than being a never has been.
thanks for the kind words :hattip:

thanks for the new word,
the closest i could get was... ខ្លាក្លាយ which i think is "Klaa Klaey" = Fake Tiger, probably pronounced how you wrote it, but ill ask a friend later as i like the phrase :D :thumb:
taabarang
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by taabarang »

Sorry but no Jamie. Kluii is a local variant lilke duii from Khduii. I.e. tiger+ pussy.
As my old Cajun bait seller used to say, "I opes you luck.
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

taabarang wrote:Sorry but no Jamie. Kluii is a local variant lilke duii from Khduii. I.e. tiger+ pussy.
ahh i see, makes sense
i took fake from ក្លែងក្លាយ = KlaengKlaey, as Klaey can just be used

so what is Kluii short for? or is it a local way of saying khduey?
taabarang
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by taabarang »

"so what is Kluii short for? or is it a local way of saying khduey?"

It's a variant of khdouii. It might be a word mostly used by kids( like douii") but I've only heard this compound used by men. Never while talking directly to someone but while insulting some braggadocio behind his back.
riveraffront
Expatriate

Post by riveraffront »

So tired of you people.
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

taabarang wrote:"so what is Kluii short for? or is it a local way of saying khduey?"

It's a variant of khdouii. It might be a word mostly used by kids( like douii") but I've only heard this compound used by men. Never while talking directly to someone but while insulting some braggadocio behind his back.
:thumb: gotcha, thanks for the explanation
Kuroneko
Expatriate

Post by Kuroneko »

Jamie_Lambo wrote:
taabarang wrote:Sorry but no Jamie. Kluii is a local variant lilke duii from Khduii. I.e. tiger+ pussy.
ahh i see, makes sense
i took fake from ក្លែងក្លាយ = KlaengKlaey, as Klaey can just be used

so what is Kluii short for? or is it a local way of saying khduey?
It might be a contraction of Ka'dui Sa'ouy ---- only joking :D
taabarang
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by taabarang »

Even better Kaduii roluii(roluy), roluy=rotten. If you say it right the final vowels rime.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic